Local hair-scramble 10/20/05

haydug

Local hair-scramble 10/20/05

#1 Post by haydug »

Well, this will be short and sweet.
Started decent, but still running the KFX completely stock, I was underpower'd very badly. The start was through some field sections, more like a natural terrian motocross.
I went into the woods in 4th place, not to bad considering they would pull me 4 bike lenghts down a straight, then I'd catch back up coming into the corners. I moved past one rider in the woods, so came through the check point in 3rd place. Now I was getting "antsie" as the leader was starting to check out. I couldn't make a pass on the guy in 2nd, he was riding a TRX and would walk away from me in the clear sections, then I'd catch back up. Finally, got by in the woods, and set my sites on the leader. I ended up hitting a dead tree, and knocking it down, and didn't think about it when SMACK!! I hand almost went numb, and I felt sick to my stomach. As soon as I cleared the woods section, I stopped to find my glove soaked with blood already.

So, my day ended with a very swollen and cut thumb.
:cry:

CannondaleRider

#2 Post by CannondaleRider »

:wow

That looks really painful:(

AMRsCdale450grl

#3 Post by AMRsCdale450grl »

Wow... I think CannondaleRider said it best. sad.gif Don't worry though... you're definately not the only one that's had problems with trees (huh, Chance?).

CannondaleRider

#4 Post by CannondaleRider »

haha.....and fenceposts:rotf

AMRsCdale450grl

#5 Post by AMRsCdale450grl »

Originally posted by CannondaleRider
haha.....and fenceposts:rotf

I'm glad I can amuse you... rolleyes.gif

dalewannbe

#6 Post by dalewannbe »

Looks pretty painful, what do you hit or get caught on to do that damage?

Time to get that machine some power or put yourself together a stroker:D

Smitty911

You may have lost ......

#7 Post by Smitty911 »

With running over dead trees, it's possible you have lost your tree hugger membership. I won't tell.

What where you doing in the woods, when there is tons of Sand to ride in. There are no trees, just small protected bushes.

Smitty

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Ouch!

jwheat

#9 Post by jwheat »

Doug...two words come to mind.....HAND GUARDS!

CptHook

#10 Post by CptHook »

ow ow ow ow. Man I bet that didn't heal up easy either. It's always those types of cuts that no mater how much you wash it and disinfect it right after, it still ends up getting all infected and nasty. Especially right by the nail, man that sucks.