The Dale is back!

jwheat

The Dale is back!

#1 Post by jwheat »

I got my Cannondale back together this past week so I didn't have to race my KFX700 yesterday in the arenacross series I've been racing. WOOOHOOOOO!!!! We had about 25 quads show up yesterday and we ran some preliminaries for gate picks.

Gate pic race........ I pulled a holeshot and led for the 1st 3 laps, but I stalled the quad while sliding into a 180 degree turn coming down off the finish line jump and it took a second to get it back going. I ended up 7th.

1st race....... I started in the second row because of my lousy race before.:mad: I lined up on the outside because I figured everyone would bottleneck at the first turn and it worked. When they got bunched together at the first turn, I held the outside and powered around the group and got 4th out of the first turn. I never managed to pick off the three in front of me so I ended up 4th in that race. We lapped several riders in that race.

2nd race...... I started off on the front row with a pretty good gate pick. I should of had the holeshot cause my Timbo stroker was pulling everyone all night, but, I wheelied out of the gate and had to just keep shifting and trying to get the front end down without letting off the gas. I managed to get it down and pull up to 3rd on the holeshot. I held 3rd until the next to last lap, where I manage to get past the guy in second. I finished with a 2nd place finish and that managed to give me a second overall.

I should be either 3rd or 4th in the points after this weekend. They'll post points at the first of the week. Two races left in this series and I'm back on the Cannondale!!!smile.gif

dalewannbe

#2 Post by dalewannbe »

Good job JWheat, so do you miss that 700?

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

:clap: What a rush huh!

jwheat

#4 Post by jwheat »

Originally posted by dalewannbe
Good job JWheat,  so do you miss that 700?

That 700 is ok for outside wide open tracks and it's great for duning, but it is a hand full on tight indoor tracks. I sooooo glad to have my Dale back running!:dance:

Derno24

#5 Post by Derno24 »

Great report!!! Nice work. Now where are the pics????smile.gif

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

:clap:

timbomoose

#7 Post by timbomoose »

Nice job!:clap:

AMRsCdale450grl

#8 Post by AMRsCdale450grl »

Good job! :clap: Always happy to hear that another Cannondale is racing!