WORCS Round 1 - Phoenix, AZ (First race of the season!)

Derno24

#11 Post by Derno24 »

How many do you need? PM me your addy.

theJeStEr1340

#12 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Great job.

Are desert shocks supposed to be that light? Looks like they compress a lot int hat corner.

and a tip for the Whoops, try to go fast and stay on top of them, dales are great in the whoops because of the weight distribution, I make most of my passes in the whoops. Now that I think about it my first race that I didn't get tired I passed 3 people in the whoops.

Just be careful of kickers in the whoops.. they will put you back farther than if you just avoided the kicker

kdeal

#13 Post by kdeal »

:clap: :clap:

Congrats & good luck next week!

dalewannbe

one other thing

#14 Post by dalewannbe »

Make sure you secure you seat down with tape so it won't fall out....and make sure you use that bolt.

I had one race, when I didn't use the bolt, the seat came off about 5 times. Talking about pissing you off.

Now I duct tape the bolt to the sub frame!

AMRsCdale450grl

#15 Post by AMRsCdale450grl »

Haha!! krash had the same problem at a race in Tucson.. he was stopping to pick it up and put it back on.. then finally got pissed and threw it into our pit as he went by. Yeah, ya know the two bolts for the rear plastic?? Talk about some bruises!!! :eek:

theJeStEr1340

#16 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Originally posted by AMRsCdale450grl
Yeah, ya know the two bolts for the rear plastic?? Talk about some bruises!!! :eek:

I know how that feels.

Canniboomer

Re: one other thing

#17 Post by Canniboomer »

Originally posted by dalewannbe

Now I duct tape the bolt to the sub frame!

tip... just screw the bolt through a tight 1/4" grommet above the frame, and leave about 1/2" of exposed thread -- It will always just dangle there when loose, or when you're working on the quad -- at least you won't lose or misplace the darn thing!

a slice of fuel line also works if you don't have a grommet.biggrin.gif

Brad Oakley

#18 Post by Brad Oakley »

Just run a nylock nut down the seat bolt until it is just above the subframe - allowing the bolt to turn freely. Then, even if it does back out of the seat, it won't fall off. Remind me and I'll throw a few into your next order.

Which nuts are coming loose on your tie rods? I have a whole pile of the 'fuji' lock nuts made just for that application (if it's the ones I'm thinking of.) Let me know and we'll get that front end fixed up right!

CannondaleRider

#19 Post by CannondaleRider »

Originally posted by theJeStEr1340
Great job.

Are desert shocks supposed to be that light? Looks like they compress a lot int hat corner.

and a tip for the Whoops, try to go fast and stay on top of them, dales are great in the whoops because of the weight distribution, I make most of my passes in the whoops. Now that I think about it my first race that I didn't get tired I passed 3 people in the whoops.

Just be careful of kickers in the whoops.. they will put you back farther than if you just avoided the kicker

We usually run them pretty soft for the desert, has that cadilac feel. We should crank them up a little for WORCS though.

About the whoops, usually thats how we go about whoops, but not these. I saw one guy try to ride them, and that didn't last long. None of the pros even rode em. They were quad-swallowing whoops, with lots of kickers. The fastest way to ride them was to rhythm through them, otherwise, your idleing through

theJeStEr1340

#20 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Originally posted by CannondaleRider

About the whoops, usually thats how we go about whoops, but not these. I saw one guy try to ride them, and that didn't last long. None of the pros even rode em. They were quad-swallowing whoops, with lots of kickers. The fastest way to ride them was to rhythm through them, otherwise, your idleing through

EEEEWWW, I hate those. I caugh the wrong end of a kicker once... cost me 5 positions, then ont he next lap I lost a wheel. Made flipping not such a big deal.