Sparta GNCC

haydug

#1 Post by haydug »

I missed the cookout Friday, wife wouldn't let me come play. :mad:

Anyway, I had a TERRIBLE day, I think Jeff ran over me. The dust was absolutely terrible, uncalled for. I'm sure they can afford a water truck.
I got smacked from behind in the fast pit section, not far from the start and my bike went to the bottom of the hill without me on it. By the time I restarted, the next class had already went by. Then I got a flat on the 2nd lap so I stop to change it and when I stepped off the bike I hit the ground, my left leg hurt so bad I couldn't put any weight on it.
Oh the pleasures of racing, wouldn't miss it for the world!!

JeffQuadShop

#2 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Big thanks to OFFROADREDNECK for bringing the food and doing the cooking with WOLLIN! I think you are gonna turn into a racer in the near future!

Heydug, that was Rick that you got tangled with, he said it was very dusty and he didn't see that you braked till it was too late. His bike almost went into the pond! :wow Sorry you had a bad day, I've been there too!sad.gif

As for the dust, it gets alot worse than that!!! That was just an average dusty race. It was really nice in the woods.

haydug

#3 Post by haydug »

It was a FUN track, I rode 2 laps, then got a flat. It amazes me how slow some people will go and play follow the leader. I passes like 4 guys in the long rocky creek. Eveyone was just bumper to bumper on the left side, so I just pinned it and kept the frontend light and went by on the left.
I will say it was weird going from a dusty section that you could not see anything, straight into a creek and mud.
Tell Rick, sorry about that, I was following 2 guy when all of a sudden they split and I was looking at a hay bail and didn't have anything else to do. It really stunk going down some of the straights in 2nd gear that I should have been in 5th because I couldn't see. :mad:
Maybe next time.
Oh yeah, second battery didn't seem to help me, maybe I need to pull my head out of my ***. :eek:

465stroker

#4 Post by 465stroker »

Haydug - Sorry about bumping ya. I was last off of the line but passed my way up to mid pack were I caught up with you. The only was to pass was to just follow the helmets - and I guess you were the one ahead of me. All I remember was that we were going the same speed and all of the sudden you slowed and I swerved and nail ya. I flew towards the pond and if I remember you were running after you quad heading down the hill. Sorry dude. I had a terrible day - made a ton of mistakes, etc..

thomez

#5 Post by thomez »

Sounds like you 2 both had a heck of a race day tongue.gif

I'm looking forward to trying out this Harescramble thing next summer. It sounds so stinking fun! Gotta get the Blaze all ready for it first, which means probably every dollar I make this year at school will go into it someway or another. rolleyes.gif

haydug

#6 Post by haydug »

I must say, we have to work on the starts. I was still sitting on the line when the 2 guys beside me were gone. I figured I won the race of being last to the first again. biggrin.gif
No problem on hitting, just part of racing. My bike ended up all the way down the hill in a bunch of brush. You must have hit me pretty hard, looked at the bike today, and both right side fender brackets are gone, rear one is snapped off and front bracket is aimed straight foward.
This cross country is being rough on me, maybe I need to go back and find some triples.

JeffQuadShop

#7 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Originally posted by thomez
Sounds like you 2 both had a heck of a race day tongue.gif

I'm looking forward to trying out this Harescramble thing next summer. It sounds so stinking fun! Gotta get the Blaze all ready for it first, which means probably every dollar I make this year at school will go into it someway or another. rolleyes.gif
Since you have a Blaze, you shouldn't have to do anything to it. Gas it and race!!!

thomez

#8 Post by thomez »

Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Since you have a Blaze, you shouldn't have to do anything to it. Gas it and race!!!

Haha! I wish! I could do it that way but... new bumpers will be there I imagine, along with skidplates for some protection... plus I plan on getting a LT setup on the front that I can swap on there for MX style riding and if it isn't too wide, trail riding as well. Also I want to get the shocks done by you, Jeff, with the zero preload setup. It seems to be the way to go. Probably some 4/1 offset fronts to get me down to about 48 on the front instead of the 50 with stock 'Dalers. One second, let me check the rest of the wish list....

Alright, here it is! Oh yeah, I forgot some shock covers, new seat latch/lock mechanism, one of those cleanable stainless oil filters, new coolant (Engine Ice), whatever kind of fix I need for the valve cover that I haven't had off (powdercoating probably), and possibly a set of stainless Sidewinder sprockets and chain. The front end setup is big bucks, the other things are quite a bit less but it all adds up. rolleyes.gif

TurboJay

#9 Post by TurboJay »

Sorry I didn't make it to the party either. I was to busy entertaining my own guests. 4 of us went through 5 cases of beer.

Sounds like youguys had a good time. Will try to find ya at Ironman.

haydug

#10 Post by haydug »

Congrats to Jeff on finishing 8th overall, beating alot of the pro and pro-production riders. I did get to watch a little of the last 2 laps. Don't you ever get tired?? :confused:

By the way, thanks for the crossovers, front end felt alot better, but it was stiff. I think I'm going to call you about some Elkas, got any laying around to try one day?