Raptor vs. Cannondale

Psychosis

#1 Post by Psychosis »

I only had the opportunity once immediately after I got mine and smoked him. Straight off the line through the gears in a 300ft drag but he had a "slight" wheelie off the line too. But lets just say he didn't line up again. biggrin.gif

Sandstorm

#2 Post by Sandstorm »

My brother and I were thoroughly spanked by an FX 400 when we had our piped Raptors up Utah's Sand Mtn. If I hadn't experienced it I would never have believed it..

wanablaze

#3 Post by wanablaze »

My buddy has a raptor and a cannibal. The power difference is unbelievable. I have raced his raptor and smoked it many a time. That was when the moto was stock. Just as long as the dale doesn't wheelie and it has traction (pick the right gear) it will win every time. I have read that the cannibal has a top speed of 74 and the raptor 71.

danyeo

#4 Post by danyeo »

Stock, the Dale will win as long as the rider doesn't mess up but i think when you add a Pipe, rejet, and air box mods the Raptor really wakes up as it is really choked up from the factory. But i rode a raptor a few times and i wouldn't care if it had all the ponies in the world i still wouldn't want one. Just too narrow and high for me, corners wierd, vibrates a lot. Once you ride a Dale you will never go back to a Raptor unless you like a HIgh, narrow quad.

atvrulz

#5 Post by atvrulz »

I had a raptor before i bought my cannondale moto. My raptor was a piece of schit. One week after i bought it, the axle was severely bent after jumping only small jumps. Then the second gear went out after about a month on non racing riding. Then it would leak oil all the time. Then the phucking frame cracked. So i put it on ebay and some retard bought it. Much slower than the cannondale moto.
thanks

cannibalq8

#6 Post by cannibalq8 »

Dale will smoke craptor all the way

WEJER

#7 Post by WEJER »

Having had the oppotunity to own, massage, and ride a 250R, Raptor, and Cannondale I have a somewhat different opinion.

Remove the emotion and all three have advantages....

Initial Hit............250R (it's a two stroke!)
Overall Motor.....Cannondale (nice tractable power through out the curve)
Mid-Range Hit....Raptor (no replacement for displacement)
Handling............Cannondale & 250R
Ergonomics........Raptor & 250R (because I spent most my life on 2 wheels)
Reliability...........Raptor (Tough 4 Stroke, not the tranny)
American............Cannondale :usa
The Winner........Cannondale (Depends on Where you're Riding though)

I love the Dale overall, but, I loved my R and Raptor too! The R was just plain fast and fun on the track. The Raptor engine had endless power and reliability, especially once you let it breath...high speed desert fun (ask Lenny Duncan why he rides a Raptor).

Just another opinion...I guess if like to ride, you'll find the fun in a peewee 80!

aroracer72

#8 Post by aroracer72 »

haha...i love driving thoselittle quads and dirtbikes.....there too slow to hurt your self seriously on...lol....i was jumping my freinds 10 foot double doubles on a kasea 80 or 90..not shure which size....but it took me a football field to get speeed to clear them(pro supercross heighth)......ii had a blast on that....ohh..back to the point...my dale with a 6 tooth bigger sprocket on the rear than a moto tied a fully YOSHI piped raptor(02) on a 2 mile straight away......if i put my pipe on..and put a smaller rear sprocket on....lol..no competition!!!!!.....and i also love the 250r's....just hate mixing gas and had to buy race gas for mine when i had it(high compression)....lol...anyways..you already have enough opinions.

WEJER

#9 Post by WEJER »

Could be....with the right gearing!

Problem with the Raptor, the tranny sucks. My Raptor "Bit ME, it's formerly loyal owner".
Missed a shift before a 60 ft double=short=endoed=smashed by quad=6 broken ribs!!!:furious:

Needless to say, replaced a bent stem and found a poor sucker to buy it.rolleyes.gif

Upgraded to a Dale...."Living Happily Everafter"!

aroracer72

#10 Post by aroracer72 »

LIVING HAPPILY EVER AFTER
ii am glad i got a dale, and im still saying this after i pulled a motor, and when i said pro supercross heighth...for the size of the jumps i was doing on the peewee...i meant pro supercross WHOOP size..i type really fast..and left that word out, i thougght id clear that up so you guys dont think im full of BULL-ony....lol
Yeah, ive driven a raptor a few times, 3 times to be exact...i liked the trail oreinted suspension(when i was on flat trails with tiny bumps)...but everything else i absolutely disliked...its unsafe high feeling......very light steering(stable issues)......narrowness....and how it wheelied when i didnt want it too, but i did lkike how easy it was to wheelie when i was just messing around..but anywere else i hated it. And the vibration, even though dales have vibration also. If you pull a dale motor and still say youve lived happily ever after...then you belong on a dale, they do take more wrenching when it comes to working/maintenence...but it gives you more time away from the misses..am i right????tongue.gif
well, L8er guys
CHAD:usa
Ohh, and i love that fact that my quad is made in america.....thats always a great bonus for me.:clap: