XC radiator?

LapTraffic

#11 Post by LapTraffic »

with prepping the front end like I covered I dont think you would need to replace the screen during the race, but I'd be interested to see what you come up with.

I raced washougal in May with 10" of mud, and given that I am not a great rider I was stuck behind others who were and ate a TON of mud. I have pics after the race and the radiator is clean.

rowlrag

#12 Post by rowlrag »

Originally posted by DangerRanger
Hey Ragweed and Jeff.....aren't you guys still running the GCD scoops and guard?

ben

I run the scoops I like them, i just get lazy takin the grill on and off to get the crap out. I NEED BUSHINGS hint:rolleyes:

jesshamner

#13 Post by jesshamner »

Here are a couple of pics of my buddy's predator and his daughter on my cannibal at the last race I went to. She just took it for a spin around the pit area. The mud was caked on the radiator after the race. It took 3 hours to get the cannibal clean.

Braff1

#14 Post by Braff1 »

After the race I added this mud guard to my predator.

haydug

#15 Post by haydug »

here is a picture, kinda hard to see

haydug

#16 Post by haydug »

one more

DMAC10

Radiator Guard

#17 Post by DMAC10 »

I also use the expanded metal with the holes, it sits about and inch or sole from the radiator, Its worked great for me , protects the radiator and keeps the mud out but still lets air flo, even igf the guard gets covered in mud, easy to make at home. Just measure the size to fit inside the radiator shrouds and then allow about 1 inch to bend at a 90 degree angle, drill your holes to line up with the shrouds mounting bolts and your in business. You'll have to make a place for your clutch cable to go beside, sorry no pics. But its not that hard to make one.

40 + and still ridin

LapTraffic

#18 Post by LapTraffic »

Heres a pic after the Washougal race. you can see that the the top of the guard is about 5" (I said 7" before, my wife has noted this tendancy in me before) in front of the radiator. It sits fairly vertical which allows mud and debris to fall off of it easily. You can see the radiator is clean behind it.

jesshamner

#19 Post by jesshamner »

How do i get pics to work?

LapTraffic

#20 Post by LapTraffic »

they need to be smaller than 75k. you can resize them in paint, then check theyre properties to make sure they are under 75k.