Am i to old?????

LapTraffic

#11 Post by LapTraffic »

Go get em Monster.

I dont know if this applies to others, but it is my own personal racing mantra. "Race against yourself" As I said in the interview. I dont really compare myself or results to others. I ride as hard as can, leave it all the track, the results at that point are incidental. Last place or first place, I'm more concerned with how I ran MY race.

So like Haydug said, you can run hard, have a great race, have fun and not get hurt and still be very competetive.

Look at Jeff! he's the posterboy of old guys still being fast as he!! smile.gif

Old Age and treachery will always overcome youth and exuberance smile.gif

thomez

#12 Post by thomez »

I saw Tim Farr ride yesterday - he is not only fast but he sure is no spring chicken either!

I'm young and slow, he's old and fast - don't worry about age!

440EX4ME

#13 Post by 440EX4ME »

Great thread!!

The one thing I notice that changes most with age isnt the ability for speed but the conciousesness of the realities of injuries from crashing etc.

Not sure if that is good or bad since your not going very fast while pulling your machine out of the trees or off the tires etc but I dont remember thinking of it at all when I was a kid.

Gust, Eichner and Farr pretty much prove age isnt a barrier and are awsome riders (sorry if I missed someone lol).

Racin Red

#14 Post by Racin Red »

Age is irrelevant! Desire, drive and passion can replace the age factor.

dawzie

#15 Post by dawzie »

never to old :head:

bretz56

#16 Post by bretz56 »

I agree, you are never too old, it just hurts more when you crash. I am going to be 30 the 29th of this month and this is my first year of racing the pro class. I am looking forward to many more years of riding

Braff1

#17 Post by Braff1 »

I am 37 and just started racing XC this past June for the 1st time. It is nice to listen to the youngens whine about being tired as I ride past them. The only thing I have noticed is that it takes me a little longer to recover from them tumbles.

USAMoto00

#18 Post by USAMoto00 »

Bretz you are not going to believe this, but Michelle's B-day is the same as your's and guess what? She is going to be 30, but she still looks 19. I think a party is in order!!!! Maybe a NEMX party??

Racin Red

#19 Post by Racin Red »

I'll bring the birthday cake.

bretz56

#20 Post by bretz56 »

Hey, that sounds like a plan to me. No kidding, she sure does not look like a 30 yr. old.