Maplesville Alabama *Race Report*

DMAC10

Maplesville Alabama

#1 Post by DMAC10 »

Is anyone going to the MidSouth Hare Scramble at Maplesville Alabama this coming Sunday (1/11 )???

Ryanstones

good question

#2 Post by Ryanstones »

I'm undecided.
Watching to see how much rain falls up there today-tomorrow.
Actually, my wife is undecided.tongue.gif

Swampdale

#3 Post by Swampdale »

Thinking about it. Depends if I get one of the quads is back together in time. Building a new 03 LE and the Z's frame needs welding. Might just take my son for the youth event.

Ryanstones

Nobody?

#4 Post by Ryanstones »

I know some of you quadshop guys are coming.

Ryanstones

Loaded for bear

#5 Post by Ryanstones »

whatever that means.rolleyes.gif

I'll be heading out in the morning.

Can any of you northern guys give me a suggestion on what to wear for warmth?
The temp at race time is supposed to be 46, no wind, 50-60% humidity.
This is only my second HS and the first was over 90 degrees. whew.

I've got some moose expedition pants that will probably be warm enough. thinking the cotton c'dale jersey with thermals on top. Any opinions welcome.
Thanks.

haydug

#6 Post by haydug »

with temps like that in the winter, I'd have to suggest a new set of freestyle shorts and a cotton short sleeve jersey. Heck, I'd probably even chuch the gloves/goggles and let the wind blow and keep me cool. :drink:
Let me know how this setup works, and if you get chilly or not. :hammer:

Ryanstones

oh man, what a fineazz day for riding.

#7 Post by Ryanstones »

Thanks dug!! I was representing cannondale today, and comfortable too, til the 4th lap and the sun went behind the mtn. MAN, THAT WAS FUN.

Ryanstones

YFZ what?

#8 Post by Ryanstones »

I didn't get passed by any YFZs, cept maybe one at the start, but i sure passed several! a couple broke down biggrin.gif It was a very challenging course. Deep off cambers into motorcycle ruts, foot tall roots on 100yd StEEp hill climbs, Whooooooops, and more whoops, one so deep, i kid you not, could have held the Vforce in it. Steep, Super tight, twisty downhills that gave me some real nice souveniers on my knees and a very few fast fire roads, whooped of course, that ended with 2 ft deep braking bumps into instant 90' turns into what appeared to be washed out single track through a thicket!:head:

I swear this trail by scoring was the only smooth part of the 9miles

Ryanstones

#9 Post by Ryanstones »

It was great to meet DMAC, and woolen, typically cool and unique, like most 'dale riders:cool:
Enjoyed passing you both fellas:ride:
My cannon gave a little white smoke this mornin, 4 minutes or so, check valve maybe plus a bit over full, Had to richen the 500ECU and she quit popping. She was flawless! But I'm about to get to spend some money on the Swingarm to show my loyalty too. I wish i had a cannond race pic from today but my cameraman is in need of further training.
This is about what she looked like though, + blk deletes.

Ryanstones

150-175 quads

#10 Post by Ryanstones »

were on the line at 1:30, ready at 2. finally gone at 2:35:rolleyes: I picked C25+ over beginer class and hoped to stay ahead of that large group of pretty sweet lookin quads. 21 in my class and i'm determined to get over a ugly, deep, pasture ditch at angle to the course, that tossed or grabbed several in the first rows. Caution and restraint is my aim for lap 1. Flag drops and i'm 10th off the line, i back off and lose 5 spots in the first corner and a couple more picking my own line through the ditch. Alright, gotta race alittle and took back 4 spots before the 25 ft quad bridge up to the mtn. # more in the first bottleneck. I hit every bump the first lap, but none of the trees. Mission accomplished :deal:

didn't no banshees pass me either. Yamaha sux.