NEMX Indoor Arena

thunderwolf

#111 Post by thunderwolf »

And just think I have to stand out in that weather tomorrow and watch a desert race with Quads and bikes in it. Doug Eichner is here with one of his brand new TRX450R's. I do wish I was racing instead of just watching, but the $700 entry fee was just to much right now. I think it is pretty amazing that they charge $2.80/mi. to let you go out and beat yourself and your quad to death.

Derno24

#112 Post by Derno24 »

Yeah if I want to watch quad racing I get to do it on tape from the GNCC I taped. Otherwise it is freeze my nutz off in the open. I'll tell ya it isn't the cold that gets you it is the wind. My wife got me those under armor winter gear clothes and they work the wind on your face makes it a miserable day. Tell Eichner I said hi at least. No I don't know him. I just want to hear about his reaction after the fact.

thunderwolf

#113 Post by thunderwolf »

Originally posted by Derno24
Tell Eichner I said hi at least.  No I don't know him.  I just want to hear about his reaction after the fact.

:rotf

jfarrar

#114 Post by jfarrar »

went to nemx this morning....brrrrrrrr.......5 degrees.everyone there had to bumpstart their quads.i had to let mine run for 20 min to heat the oil in the hydraulic clutch line.then another 20 in front of the turbo heater trying to loosen up the shocks.man were they stiff.(i hauled it there on an open trailer).didnt ride all that well no matter what i did to the suspesion it couldnt compensate for the cold.the steering dampner was very stiff as well and didnt realize it to the last few practices or i would have took it off.i kept oversteering in the corners now i know why.lol.o well i got to ride.
oh yeah guess who was there this weekend
john natalie jr and his girlfriend.great guy to hang out with.

haydug

#115 Post by haydug »

Coming to Jackson tomorrow??

jfarrar

#116 Post by jfarrar »

i cant im running out to maz's to pick up some goodies.

bretz56

#117 Post by bretz56 »

Count me out also, i had frozen shocks when I got there. After getting everything all thawed out, suspension was not working well at all, I nosed on a double and the suspension, bottomed hard and sent me for a nice bruised back and major bent steering stem. No more of this cold riding for me, lol. He Farrar, was anyone hitting the triples after I left? Rich Phillips and Dave Miller said they were going to, but I didn't want to stay and freeze to watch.

USAMoto00

#118 Post by USAMoto00 »

Hey Farrar, Maz has a goodie for me so can you pick it up? If he would call me back I'll pay for it right then and there. Hook a brother up! Tell him I need it for the banquet this weekend.

jfarrar

#119 Post by jfarrar »

yeah bretz a few guys were hitting the tripple.#20 on the ex,baisden,and i think miller and phillips hit it to butto be honest i wasnt paying attention i'm not sure if natalie hit it..lol..when i got a break i went and warmed up.i didnt hit crap the one big double is about it my shock fluid was so cold my rebound was slower than heck and my stabilizer was the same.man were neck and shoulders sore that is unusual for me.but it think they were hitting it.how you feeling pretty sore i bet.(that ground was frozen solid man)
brian when i get there we will call you up.glad to here machele did good.

bretz56

#120 Post by bretz56 »

Ya, I'm a little more sore than I expected to be. My back doesn't feel too bad, it's my neck and arms that are stiff, should be better by the weekend though:D