Todays Ice Race Pic's

cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

Ryanstones beat me to the post:) Hey that snowmobile/dirtbike looking thing is a Snowhawk.Those things are awesome if you are into jumping and snow freestyle.Pretty hard to ride though.

Ryanstones

Great minds....

#12 Post by Ryanstones »

Good call steve!biggrin.gif

I was wondering how the heck you turn that snohawk thing. Must be a VERY sharp break point once you start to lean.

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

Yea they are kind of like a standup jetski.Real easy to go straight but turning takes some skill.I saw them at a snocross couple years ago and they were impressive with right rider.

pdavis

#14 Post by pdavis »

the breaking point you are talking about.... do you mean your neck?biggrin.gif :w: :wow

Derno24

Re: Re: i was there

#15 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by dawzie
If some of you Dale experts could PM this guy he needs some help. His Dale ran fine. Took it apart, did the stud update, now runs bad when cold out only. He had it at the track yesterday. Starts OK but when you rev it up it breaks up bad. Checked all electrical connections, flywheel wire, getting good return fuel flow.

I don't know why it happens, but mine had the same problem. Idled well then as soon as you hit the throttle it died (burbed, stumbled, backfired, all kinds of wierdness). Only in temps under 40. The solution....It is running too lean. You have to fatten the flow rate by about 150. Try that if he has the D&M kit. I bet it might solve your problem.

btolenti

#16 Post by btolenti »

I wonder if you are one tooth off on one of the cams.....

wanablaze

#17 Post by wanablaze »

I agree with Derno completely, try adjusting flow rate and offset. My buddy's ran just like this once it got cold out. It was fine for a long time, but once it got cold and the injectors broke in it was coughing and only starting decently. Try changing the flowrate first if it's only coughing on the top end. This solved my buddy's problem. Good luck.

iceracer17

#18 Post by iceracer17 »

How do the front tires hook up?I seen those quite a few years ago.Now days most of the guys around here use fast trekkers on the front.I'll take some pics this sunday we usually have 250+ entries at our weekly races.

OCMANJOE

#19 Post by OCMANJOE »

Yeah those yfz's were doing good but my buddy steve did great with the 400ex setup for mx with long travel. It was nice to meet dawzie and i also saw that cannondale sitting there with the plastics off. Next weekend ill be there again.

bouncerdude

#20 Post by bouncerdude »

How many studs do you normally put in the tires. it gets nice and cold in maine, so i had mine studded up last winter to ride on the lakes and ponds. i put about 1200 - 1300 studs between the front and rear tires. i could hold 3rd gear wheelies on the ice. i think i over did it though, becuase the back hooked up a little too much to slide the back end of my dale. they worked good though.