Todays Ice Race Pic's

Mjollnir

#21 Post by Mjollnir »

Originally posted by bouncerdude
How many studs do you normally put in the tires. it gets nice and cold in maine, so i had mine studded up last winter to ride on the lakes and ponds. i put about 1200 - 1300 studs between the front and rear tires. i could hold 3rd gear wheelies on the ice. i think i over did it though, becuase the back hooked up a little too much to slide the back end of my dale. they worked good though.

Where did you put the studs between the rear tires? In the swingarm? How does that help traction? I'm confused.

har har har. Sorry, us California folk have to find some way to get in on the ice racing discussion. biggrin.gif

bouncerdude

#22 Post by bouncerdude »

apperently im not the only slow one around here. haha:(
let me be a little more clear. i had a total of around 1300 studs in the front and rear tires. we maine people aint got good grammar. lol.

OCMANJOE

#23 Post by OCMANJOE »

c286 or whatever from cheng sheng is the hot ticket when it comes to ice racing. One stud per lug. about 400 per tire.

lol

#24 Post by lol »

Hey dawzie, you think it would be worth it just to come up and watch one of these weekends? Tell me when you go, maybe i'll come up nd check out that c-dale u have for sale:) :deal:

dawzie

#25 Post by dawzie »

It's a pain being self-employed sometimes. Had to work all day. Meet ya there this Sunday !!

OCMANJOE

#26 Post by OCMANJOE »

hey ex i saw you got your dale running good and were you switching between a yfz and the dale with riders??? Also did you come to a race at diamondback this past season? Anyway my buddy steves carb was screwing up again those **** lectrons. We left early because it just did not want to run right.

cdalemx301

How many

#27 Post by cdalemx301 »

Hey so if i wanna stud my tires im only gonna need a thousand? i was told if i was gonna do it i needed like 3000 a 1000 for each back and 1000 for the two front? also if i stud holeshots will it be any good or will it be useless?

dawzie

#28 Post by dawzie »

MX tires are a soft rubber. They will roll and not hold up well. I have about 480 in the back ONE tire and 350 in the front.

Gibson400ex

Re: How many

#29 Post by Gibson400ex »

Originally posted by cdalemx301
Hey so if i wanna stud my tires im only gonna need a thousand?  i was told if i was gonna do it i needed like 3000 a 1000 for each back and 1000 for the two front?   also if i stud holeshots will it be any good or will it be useless?

You gonna race your dale at Sturbridge? We are thinking baout going up this sunday or next sunday.

We dont need to because we have our own ice track here at our house

OCMANJOE

#30 Post by OCMANJOE »

ill stop by if i go this sunday. I know where you park. OCR was there last weekend too.