Miserable Day at the Dutchman

02Cannibal

#41 Post by 02Cannibal »

Why does it always look like I'm just sitting on a dirty quad. I need to get some good action shots. This makes me look like I ride in first gear all the time... Derno, you better talk to that camera man tongue.gif

Did you check out the pics at: http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.d...ront?b=1&c=04QA

Derno24

#42 Post by Derno24 »

Yeah,

there was only 2 of me and one was before the race.

LapTraffic

#43 Post by LapTraffic »

Great pics and a great story!
I really look forward to reading the other 29 from the upcoming year smile.gif

Interesting that the screws came out. What did you end up using, how many did you put in?

When I did it I maybe lost 30% in the rear and almost none in the front (That's where they really saved my bacon! ) What kind of tires did you put them in?

I can loan out my wife for the camera stuff. Her video work makes the blair witch project look like an Ansel Adams Still shot, but her camera work is really pretty good. you pay the airfare and you can have her for a weekend smile.gif

Too bad about the chain, Any idea on why it failed?

Derno24

#44 Post by Derno24 »

Lap:

The chain gave way due to being a little old and the sudden chenges when I was getting traction. I was told that regina, although a good chain wasn't really designed for ATV use. The links didn't have the tensile strength of the other atv x ring and o ring chains. Sounds good to me. Or the other thought was I am just too fat.

I used #10 x 1/2 screws. I think they all came out due to my idea of throttle control. I have a bad habit of just mashing it. Also the other thing is I put them in Kenda Klaws. I think their compound is a little too soft for screws.

I have my wife in training, but she refuses the cold. I may just hire your wife to put her through the boot camp. Then she won't whine about it being too cold.

I showed her your thread and told her that your wife was better and she agreed.biggrin.gif

LapTraffic

#45 Post by LapTraffic »

told her that your wife was better and she agreed.

I aint touchin that with a 10 foot pole smile.gif

Was that regina chain an oring chain?

I think those were the same screws I used and the softer compound could have had something to do with it. Did you lose them out fo the front too?

Get the blaze MAP installed, you wont be sorry for racing application. You will be suprised at fast you get going fast, trust me smile.gif

Derno24

#46 Post by Derno24 »

I have the Blaze map in the dale. I like it much better than the moto map. Yeah it was a regina o-ring chain.

Ps I am sorry I didn't send your sprocket till today. Sorry about the delay.

LapTraffic

#47 Post by LapTraffic »

No sweat man. smile.gif

Bummer about that chain, I hate equipment failures! How long you been running that chain?

Derno24

#48 Post by Derno24 »

About a year.

She has given me all she had though. For some reason when I ride the Z I wind up an extra 40 lbs heavier. I ride in alot of mud with that quad.

cdalepilot

#49 Post by cdalepilot »

did you say 40lbs heavier?:drink: :drink: :cheers:

Derno24

#50 Post by Derno24 »

Yeah this mud has attitude around here. I had a rear set of plastic snap from the weight of the mud.

Also the extra beers do give you a couple ounces.
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: