Cannibal in GNCC 4-stroke Stock Class?

Dale512

Cannibal in GNCC 4-stroke Stock Class?

#1 Post by Dale512 »

I wanna get a Cannibal and race the 4-stroke stock class in the GNCCs this season and I have some questions.

Would this be a good setup for it??

Factory Front Number Plates
Factory Kill Switch
Moto Handlebars & Clamp
Oury Grips
Blaze Handgaurds
Trailtech Computer
Pro-Tec Engine/Swing-arm Skidplates
RIS Radiator Shrouds/Gaurd
Second Battery
Bolt-On Nerfbars?
Different Gearing
Speed Shocks Setup with Triple-Rate Springs

Is there anything on the list that is not allowed in the class, anything I should add or change?

86atc250r

#2 Post by 86atc250r »

I don't like the factory kill switch unless they've changed from the Pingel setup.

The problem with the Pingel setup is that it will break the cord or tweak the clip more often than not if you unexpectedly dismount the quad. Not good during a race, especially if someone notices and pulls you off the track for lack of a kill switch.

haydug

#3 Post by haydug »

** Sorry, No commercial advertising **

JeffQuadShop

#4 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Yes, that setup will be legal for the stock class. As far as the kill switch...I don't know anyone that actually wears their kill switch in XC racing. It has to be on the quad for tech inspection but they don't make you wear them. You won't need the second battery.

86atc250r

#5 Post by 86atc250r »

Well come to think of it, I generally don't wear mine for XC either, caused me more trouble than it's saved me catching tree limbs and when having to get off the quad to back up... Just thought I'd bring up my experiences with the Pingel swich on the Cannondale as we had to wear them at the 12 hrs of America race & we broke two.

haydug

#6 Post by haydug »

I personally have not had any trouble out of stock pingel switch, I will put a little bend on the end of the straight edge on the clip attached to your cord. It makes putting in back on a lot easier. I also ran 12 hours of america with NO problems out of pingel switch. I have not had good luck with the "new" style switch cannondale put on the moto at the end of the year.

JLHUGHES750

stk

#7 Post by JLHUGHES750 »

Mr. Howell , let me say u and your bro deserve as much respect as Ballance or Smiley. I mostly ran the A class at the GNCC's and Pro at the locals, just for the heck of it i ran the stock class on a 2 day old EX(MT.MORRIS). Most of my buddy's were making wisecracks about being a cherry picker and stuff, they thought i would overall in the AM race, wow, i got smoked, first of all we started behind the C class that day,that sucked after about .5 of a mile lappers,lappers,lappers!!! i came home w/ a plaque but i was suprised at how fast they went. I loved it though, i want to run the entire season next year, i'll be there pitting for a few pros that i help out anyhow so i might as well race!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway you guys were flying in that class, i can't wait till Fla. i got the stocker prepped.
Also what do u think about the foot peg ext. rule i think it a katter of safety we should be aloud to use them!!!!!!

what class are u running next year?????????

later, J.Hughes #750
Hertz Racing/Powerline ATV race team mechanic

JLHUGHES750

HOWELL

#8 Post by JLHUGHES750 »

I ran 250A of and on since 96 not consistantly enough for a number though. I used Ohlins for Mt Morris last year in the stock class,(no resevoirs) they really worked nice!!!!! Will your crew be going to Fla.? I'll be there, racing will take a back seat though, i built a Herrmann race chassis "R" and i'm having a friend Rob Hertz #12 race it in 03. I'll be prepping and maintaining and he'll be hauling!!!!!! We put together a team of some A guys and some Pro's and we sent out for sponsorship, its gonna be a good year. I figure as long as i prep enough thhrough out the week i should be able to relax and race the morning race then clean up and pit for my team in the Pro race. Last year Rob had some good finish's and we have high hopes for this year for the entire team.
I'll certainly try to meet u at the race's i always like to meet people from the races, u never know when u might come down pro row with a flat and see me there in the Hertz Racing/Powerline ATV pit area. I'll always lend a hand!!!!!

Do u guys know Brandon Carter?? He and I used to hang out alot at the races in 96 & 97 we used to hook up alot in 250A and freighttrain through the pack!!!!! He is from your area!!!

later c-ya in Fla. J. Hughes#750

cannondalekid18

#9 Post by cannondalekid18 »

They did change the kill swich, just so everyone knows.

Wink

JeffQuadShop

#10 Post by JeffQuadShop »

And of coarse you have first hand knowledge of GNCC racing?tongue.gif