Worst Race Day Ever

Psychosis

Worst Race Day Ever

#1 Post by Psychosis »

Well, title will tell you everything. The plus is that I briefly met quad_freak14. (sorry if name is wrong) All day long yesterday I needed help on the thing. Was racing in first race of Illini Super Series MX in Casey, Illinois. Well, got everything set up and drove 2 1/2hrs to the race and everything was perfect before I left. Checked out, tightened, and adjusted everything w/out fault.

Well, I got there and signed up and everything and got everything unloaded and there's a flat tire. Started to air it up and valve stem was destroyed but nothing was wrong when I left or day before. Couldn't fix it so a TON of duct tape biggrin.gif was used to hold air for both motos and it held just enough and long enough to race.

Now for the worst part. Somehow during practice I stripped out the heads on both tierod boots on the left side standing from rear. (Anyone got any to sell?) Was able to fix that by rigging up a few things but the tire angles were WAY off and not easy to ride but still raced. So I get out and had passed I believe 7 riders not counting the ones I'd beat off the line out of the like 15-20 in B, C, and Blaster class and hit a jump awkwardly and two studs off the left front hub broke off! Had to end that moto halfway through the last lap w/a DQ.

Went out the second Moto and the thing stalled a total of 6 times! All were either under hard acceleration or in jumps. I was holding off a YFZ till the last lap and I went into one of the whoops sections and it died just before entrance nearly flipping me and allowing him past just long enough to where I couldn't pass again. Still ended ahead of atleast 10 riders in the B, C, and Blaster class mix so did pretty good even w/all the problems.

Other than all that it was fun. In the second Moto I got to pass quad_freak who's a pretty good rider but my shocks bottomed out at one point and he got past and then it stalled shortly after and he ran away. And can anyone explain how my shocks are bottoming out on jumps about 3ft tall and 5ft in length when they're on their hardest settings! They're Blaze Ohlins setup for +2 a-arms w/all adjustement of course and they bottom out everywhere no matter the size of the jump!

BTW: I have 27 total pictures, just need to have them developed.

Psychosis

#2 Post by Psychosis »

And I also have to say thanks to quad_freak and I'm guessing his dad, (Sorry if wrong) and a couple other people for helping me out during the day. If it wasn't for one guy pitted beside me I wouldn't have had nearly as easy of a time fixing it. I'm just mainly concerned on what's wrong w/my shocks so any help is appreciated!

quad_freak14

#3 Post by quad_freak14 »

no prob man:D i had fun

In the first moto my throttle cable came undone so it was pinned in 4th...i went through the whoops and tore out about 50 feet of fence and nailed a trailer...I was running in first place too ...that sucked...

second moto i came out with a chitty holeshot but i ended up 2nd...not to bad....

I had a descent weekend...for being on a lil' ol 250x...beat some yfz's and a cannondale....

but man...im not trying to be a jackass...but you said you ended up ahead of atleast 10 C and B riders....you were ahead of about 5 i think....

Psychosis

#4 Post by Psychosis »

Originally posted by quad_freak14
but man...im not trying to be a jackass...but you said you ended up ahead of atleast 10 C and B riders....you were ahead of about 5 i think....

Don't think you're being a jackass. I had no clue and just went w/what a couple guys told me when I was coming in.

quad_freak14

#5 Post by quad_freak14 »

you guys have to give him credit..he worked his butt off to get this thing ready....

CdaleRacer0128

#6 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

stalling may be your positive cable on the battery..seems to be the case plenty of times..or fuel filter/delivery...

sucks about the stud on the wheel breaking off..never heard of that one..and tie rod ends stripping..that just sucks, PM me about them i can show you where to get some good ones at..also, derno knows of the same place but maybe a lil more info..ill look it up now..

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

Man I thought I had a bad day. Glad to see you stuck with it though.:head: