foot of the mountain 4/11- dernodale debut

ex kid

#31 Post by ex kid »

no skid? why did you decide on that? next time at ductchman i think i have to try that, i got stuck pretty bad a few times last race.

Derno24

#32 Post by Derno24 »

Don't make me start calling you Lenny. Oh wait you actually race!!!:eek:

Derno24

#33 Post by Derno24 »

I am still confused as to how you did that. I noticed you had no skid on the yzf at tower either. Must be skill!

02Cannibal

#34 Post by 02Cannibal »

And here I thought having Ron's ECU in my Dale would have replaced some of that bad karma with the good stuff. Guess some things never change...lol :w:

Conrats Rookie! :clap:

cdrookie

#35 Post by cdrookie »

J got a 5 FOOT TROPHY
randy got a 5 FOOT TROPHY
i got a 5 FOOT TROPHY
what did derno get? the butterfinger holeshot and postwhore of the site. how many points does that give?tongue.gif

anyhow... J and the fast guys were really tearing up the course! every lap i saw a new line around a mud hole or over a rocky section. took me the entire race to put them all together but i could tell i was getting faster and faster each lap by using those new lines. i have a tough time seeing what was in front of me let alone looking for new lines around obstacles. the switchbacks were really tore up! they were flying through those. they had them down to the hard pack and not spinning out was tricky.

i never use to use swingarm skids. they were the first thing i took off all my bikes(if they still had them). till my chain derailed a couple times in the mud on my old 500 and wrapped itself around the countershaft sprocket, into the shifting shaft, and up into the swingarm. use to take 3-4 hours to get it out! luckily i never broke the cases.

EuroGOD

#36 Post by EuroGOD »

cd....
That has to be one of the best sig's I've seen so far.
Do you really have a 5' trophy? :wow :head: :hammer: :clap:

USAMoto00

#37 Post by USAMoto00 »

Derno, I think you need a kick in the keyster to get rid of that bad stuff and get the good flowing. You WILL get 'em next time buddy. On a good note, the Dale looks awesome!:clap: :usa

Derno24

#38 Post by Derno24 »

Well I figured out my bad luck today. The charger I am using isn't juicing the batteries to full capacity. Running the double set-up you need all the juice in the 2nd battery. Well that battery was never charged and slowly drained itself down with my other battery. I now know and will not make that mistake again.

On another note. CD was helping me get my dale ready for this weekend at Tenn. GNCC (THANKS BRYAN) and he was reminding me about his 5 ft trophy all night long. Man my head hurts. Now I am going to bed chanting to myself "I Got A 5 FT Trophy."

Ain't no better motivator than that. I got to step up to the plate or it is going to be a long year!

cdrookie

#39 Post by cdrookie »

eurogod, me and my 5 FOOT TROPHY are in the pics posted here. it's cheap and just 4 feet of wood but you have to think about what an accomplishment it was to get that 5 FOOT TROPHY... how many times i lapped the dernodale on my way to winning that 5 FOOT TROPHY. you can ask derno if you don't believe i got a 5 FOOT TROPHY. he was sitting next to my 5 FOOT TROPHY the 2.5 hour ride back from the race. it's as close as derno will ever get to a 5 FOOT TROPHY...tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

thomez

#40 Post by thomez »

I can't wait to race in D6 with you 2, no drive is too far! biggrin.gif