Lorretta Lynns GNCC

Derno24

#31 Post by Derno24 »

That is good info. Bill may want to look into that too....

JeffQuadShop

#32 Post by JeffQuadShop »

My fuel line is layed across the valve cover like that with fuel line insulation wrapped around it with no problems yet. Only problem I've had with vapor lock is the stock hose inside the tank colapsing when the fuel got hot. I replaced it with fuel injection hose, no problems since.

Derno24

#33 Post by Derno24 »

I have already looked into replacing all the fuel lines with stainless steel. Figure that to be the way to go. Then route it whatever way I can to make it less likely to heat up.

CdaleRacer0128

#34 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

nice going Ron, way to crash and ruin your brand new DernoDale Stem..sad.gif

but nice job finishing the race., way to stick it out:head:

DMAC10

Vapor Lock???

#35 Post by DMAC10 »

My fuel line is around the front of the motor and then up the side. Today I put pipe insulation around the fuel line, Ran about 14 miles, then she shut down again. I felt of the fuel pump and it was hot but not enough to burn when you touched it with your hand.

Hey USAMoto, if the front line isn't snapped in good, wouldn't you have a fuel leak?? I'm going to check mine anyway.
Also I may replace the fuel pump, I'm also having my new ECU mapped and then I'll replace the one I'm running to check that out. I'm trying to eliminate one thing at a time. SO any suggestions, I'm making a list and trying one thing at a time.

It can't be much the bike runs great then just dies, after maybe 15 minutes it fires and runs fine then shuts off again.

Keeping the faith.

Swampdale

#36 Post by Swampdale »

Hey Derno,
Sorry to hear about the crash. I'm glad your ok. That's racing. It still sucks though. Your're right, I've had my fair share of bad luck this season, but I think it's turning around. Ran the 4strk-A calss and got 26th. I'm happy considering I tagged a tree early on. If anyone needs advise on a problem, and I mean anything, I think I can help. I've had anything you can imagine go wrong from electrical, engine, fuel, frame, etc. Call me 504-782-7194.

see ya in Sparta!

jesshamner

#37 Post by jesshamner »

Swamp, are you saying that you had a problem free race finally?

Swampdale

#38 Post by Swampdale »

**** Yeah!
It's only gonna get better. Top ten(in class of course) at the Spartan Baby!!!:head:

jesshamner

#39 Post by jesshamner »

I'm glad to hear that you are actually enjoying that money pit for once!:usa

Swampdale

#40 Post by Swampdale »

Hey, ya can't take it with ya!

Gotta race
need to win
must have fun