yfz vs. dale...help please

quad_freak14

yfz vs. dale...help please

#1 Post by quad_freak14 »

it is time to decide between dale or yfz.

How does a piped c-dale do against a piped yfz? Is it as quick and what about top-end?
And if i get a 450 kit wtih a mild port job from Doug, will it be more reliable than it is now? what are the chances of it blowing up?

haydug

#2 Post by haydug »

You should really come to the group ride before you make up your mind. I will have a couple of 450 dales there for you to try, with different head configurations. Also I will have my YFZ there as well, so you ride and decide.

quad_freak14

#3 Post by quad_freak14 »

being 15 i can't drive out there and my dad is totally against me riding/racing now..so its all up to me...

If you come to Illinois i will be glad to ride them:)

He really really really wants me to sell my dale and get a yfz but i dont want to...neither of us know how to work on the engine of the dale if it breaks...

CdaleRacer0128

#4 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

its quite easy to work on the engine, drop it out, send it to one of the many guys who can work on them for a very good cost that fora w hole engine re due will cost less than a bore job from duncan/curtis sparks/ct

if we meet up sometime at a national, such as highpoint or red bud i shuld be there, and will let you take a lil spin on my dale, but if that's too late im sorry, cos you're missing out. ive ridden very hopped up yfz's and they are very nice, but i love the feel of the power on the cdale, and love how you can change the power for everytrack, never did this until now, and its really paying off..smile.gif

quad_freak14

#5 Post by quad_freak14 »

i will be at Red Bud...i will make plans with you when the time gets closer...

quad_freak14

#6 Post by quad_freak14 »

also...what kind of engine work can i get done for around $1,200?? Can i get enough work done to make it more powerfull/reliable?

Happyboy

#7 Post by Happyboy »

$1200 bucks! Heck, order the new Falicon crank and a 450 kit and learn how to work on that motor. You would want to throw in a stage 8 update if it hasn't been done yet, only another 100 bucks. Then you would be pretty well off. The only really unstable parts of the dale are the cranks and the internal bolts. The rest are just wear and tear parts that need to be montitored. But the YFZ is a nice bike, fast too. I don't think as fast as a dale with a 450 kit but fast none the least.

FUGITV

#8 Post by FUGITV »

hey quadfreak! i think your on your way to buying a dale! i live in iowa, and if you are able to make it out here ill gladly let you ride my cannondale and ill get my friends YFZ for you to ride too. i have a track and trails at my farm so you can ride to your hearts content depending on what type of riding you like

heres my dale with a 450 kit

quad_freak14

#9 Post by quad_freak14 »

Iowa is a long ways away....

do you ever race at Walnut in Illinois?

FUGITV

#10 Post by FUGITV »

iowa is a long ways away????? isnt illinois right next to iowa??? am i high????

no, i dont race in illinois, just ioweegia:drink: