yfz vs. dale...help please

USAMoto00

#11 Post by USAMoto00 »

I would say Cannondale, but I'm biased.smile.gif

quad_freak14

#12 Post by quad_freak14 »

Originally posted by FUGITV
iowa is a long ways away?????   isnt illinois right next to iowa???  am i high????

Illinois is a long state...Its about a 5 hour drive to the border.....

Canniboomer

#13 Post by Canniboomer »

My stock Glamis not near as fast as my buddies jetted Yoshi YFZ,
yet, but you should see the red glow of his headpipe at night! --that thing runs so darn HOT!! compared to the 'dale, I would really have to question longerterm reliability of the Yammi -- easy to burn your pantleg on his bike, and mine you can grab ahold of the hoses no problem. Even 450'd and agressive map, I just could never imagine my bike overheating like that design. You're young enough, learn to wrench a little and buy the Cannondale!

thomez

#14 Post by thomez »

Guys, he already has the Cannondale - just thinking of selling for a YFZ - see his sig.

FUGITV

#15 Post by FUGITV »

sounds odd that his sig says all that about a dale, but hes still asking aboue the performance difference???? then he goes on to ask about reliability issues??? im little lost. thanks for makin me read his sig thomez:hammer:

quad_freak14

#16 Post by quad_freak14 »

wtf man? Im asking about performance difference because i have never rode a yfz before so i don't know how they compare. Then my c-dale is still pretty new so im wodnering how it will hold up in the long run....jeesh

thomez

#17 Post by thomez »

You need to just go somewhere to a race and ride a YFZ and see what you think.

danyeo

#18 Post by danyeo »

Have you ruled out the TRX450r? It's a nice ride, soo smooth and everything on it is easy to do. Dirtwheels totally blows the light front end thing out of proportion. The front end is no more lighter than most sport quads. I have a Cannibal with a Moto/speed map and HMF pipe and the 450r that i raced had full HMF system, rejetted, modded air lid box, and a 13 tooth front sprocket and he always got the holeshot on me and he would open up a 3-4 quad length lead but i would catch and pass him on top end but in shorter drag i just couldn't beat him. He just installed cams and is going back to a 14 tooth so now i don't think i will catch him anywhere.