5 FOOT TROPHY day FoT 5/2

440EX4ME

#11 Post by 440EX4ME »

Congrats on the 1st place :clap:

So its a 1,2,4 for the team this trip, way cool guys :head:

One prob is that is was hard enough with your last good finish and that was only 2nd, **** are we gonna still be able to be friends after an official 1st place finish biggrin.gif

Hope your able to keep your head next time out and get a streak going.

cdrookie

#12 Post by cdrookie »

i think my foot is broken, cracked, and/or fractured:cry:

thomez

#13 Post by thomez »

Congrats Derno, and thanks again for the always-exciting and entertaining race reports :clap:

ex kid

#14 Post by ex kid »

good job ron. ill be back soon enough.

:w:

Derno24

#15 Post by Derno24 »

Bryan are you serious. You didn't look to comfortable the whole ride home.

Exr Marlin

#16 Post by Exr Marlin »

Now... My version of the race!

Just kidding.

You did great Ron! You finished the one and a half hour race without gettting tired! Now you need to accomplish the 2 hour GNCC race May 15th at Rausch Creek!:cool:

I know I have a 416ex, and a member on Exriders.com... But I do have something very positive about the Cannondale. That machine of his flies!:usa I witnessed this first hand right when Ron passed me. I stayed behind him until this one straight away up a hill. I have motor work and suspension upgrades, but there was no way for me to keep up to his Cannondale... That thing flew! That sucker does have some power!

Brian (cdrookie), great having you there! Now if I could only be a member of the 5' trophy club!!!!biggrin.gif I hope the fued between you and Ron continues! I also hope you are ok!

I hope to do more races... And "hope" to put the Honda in front of some certain Cannondales!biggrin.gif

USAMoto00

#17 Post by USAMoto00 »

Hey Derno, great job!:wow Don't forget to add that to your sig.:deal: So how good did it feel when you realized the smack that you had just given' them boys?smile.gif Awesome report as usual bro. Keep that streak going!:usa

cdrookie

#18 Post by cdrookie »

marlin, welcome!:welcome: to the best site on the net.

derno, i probably should get my foot x rayed, but i don't want to wait at the hospital all night. there's some swellage and pretty colors on it! hurt like a MF last night, i was on it most of the day and can still hobble around. my toes are pointing almost straight out, don't know what that means.

anyways...

cdrookie

#19 Post by cdrookie »

mid 70's, cloudy and windy. almost perfect, for once.

decided to stay in the c class to race with marlin and derno. only 8 of us in it. they blow the horn and everyone takes off except derno and myself. i look over in disbelief. what's derno doing back here? maybe he was using my start last theory. anywho... i decided to go and left him there.

we were all single file going thru the woods, i though about leaving derno ahead of me cause he always starts fast. figured i could catch him when he wrecks:p but then i thought.....nah, he can stay behind me. we get to a mud hole with a few riders stuck on the main line. i see an alternate line and take it. unfortunately there's a flexible root/stump in the rut that jambs me up. derno slams on the brakes and taps my rear. i have to shut it down and get off to lift my frontend off this thing. got back on and hit the starter, nothing! tried a few more times then i tried with the key on:mad: hit the gas and slid into the stump again. got off and picked it up again. got on and realized my rear was saddlebagged:mad: :mad: get off and pick it up. by this time the utility class was closing fast.

Derno24

#20 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by USAMoto00
Hey Derno, great job!:wow  Don't forget to add that to your sig.:deal:  So how good did it feel when you realized the smack that you had just given' them boys?smile.gif  Awesome report as usual bro. Keep that streak going!:usa

When I finshed the race I felt that warm feeling all over. It was definitely cool to have not had a problem and to have had such a good race. I think I finally found a rhythm half way through the race. I can go fast, but being consistent is much more important in these races. Hopefully I can keep it going!