6 hours of Rausch Creek coverage

Jaybr

#41 Post by Jaybr »

I just drained the oils. There was still a fair amount of oil in the motor and tranny:)

The oil was blacker than I've ever seen it, but there none the less. Tranny oil was black, started life as Shockproof Superlight (pale yellow). I'm wondering if the oils mixed somehow:confused:

The good news is both filters where clean:)

EXriders.com

#42 Post by EXriders.com »

I am glad to hear that Jay's quad didn't get damaged too bad in the race, and it was a shame that the team didn't finish. We had our share of problems as well, but the Z held together to finish the race. We actually had to pop start it just to get it to the line, so we knew it was going to be a long day when it came to getting it to start.

I had a great time, but I wish things could have went a little different for our team and Cannondaleriders.com, but hopefully we will have better luck by the 12 hour race.

Derno24

#43 Post by Derno24 »

Hey does anyone know how to see the lap times in the mylaps thing. I have tried to see what the lap times were like and it keeps telling me about a password. I remember at sign-ups they gave us a card and said something, but I wasn't paying attention.:eek:

cdrookie

#44 Post by cdrookie »

huh?^^^^^^:confused:

cdrookie

#45 Post by cdrookie »

dam dude, calm down! :hammer:

Dale041

#46 Post by Dale041 »

Originally posted by cdrookie
huh?^^^^^^:confused:

EXriders.com

#47 Post by EXriders.com »

Originally posted by 465stroker
We were in the top 5 overall and 4 minutes ahead of 2nd place after only 16 laps!  Had a great time meeting everyone - THANKS!

Hey Rick, how did you have a 4 minute lead after 16 laps? You were only scored for 14 laps?

EXriders.com

#48 Post by EXriders.com »

Originally posted by Jaybr
The EXriders team (Derno) finished 1st in +30 and their fastest lap was 62 seconds slower than ours if that tells you anything.

Also, Just for the Record. Our fastest lap was scored in the 16th lap after Chad went out for the 2nd time. Our lap times between the 3rd and 12th lap weren't recorded because the transponder wasn't working and the Z quit on me in our 8th lap, and wouldn't start. I had to push it through the mud and push start it which took several minutes. Then my goggles fogged up and I was completely out of breath the next lap after pushing and pushing the quad through the mud.

No doubt Rick and Kenny put in some great lap times on the dale and would have won if the team maintained their laptimes without problems, but they weren't leaving us in the dust either as implied with the 62 second gap in best lap times. Our goal was to finish the race and ride smooth without breaking up the Z and that is exactly what we did. We went into the race with a with a blown Base gasket and starting problems which definitely didn't help us either.

We learned alot and will have the Z in much better condition for the next race, and I am sure Doug and Rick can't wait to show Ron and I how to win a race wink.gif

465stroker

#49 Post by 465stroker »

Originally posted by EXriders.com
Hey Rick, how did you have a 4 minute lead after 16 laps?  You were only scored for 14 laps?

OK - So we had the whole 30+ class smoked by the 12th lap while running around 5th overall. We could have eased off and pitting for a couple of burgers & cokes while cleaning the mud off the radiator and waiting for ya all to catch up but we did not - I'll make sure we do so at the 12 hours.....

You may have won the battle BUT the war has just begun! smile.gif

EXriders.com

#50 Post by EXriders.com »

Originally posted by 465stroker
You may have won the battle BUT the war has just begun! smile.gif

Rick, you started the war before the six hour race even started:D I hope that you just don't put your own war ahead of keeping Alba Action Girls running, which is much more important in my opinion.