6 hours of Rausch Creek coverage

EXriders.com

#71 Post by EXriders.com »

Originally posted by Jaybr
I don't know about the freightliner, but you can bet we'll have a powerwasher, adequate lighting, spare quad, spare motor, and anything esle we can think of between now and October.

And your right, I am addicted.smile.gif

WOW, I need to convince Jay to jump to the other side!!!

Looks like I will have to give Yoshi a call and see what they can do for us since we don't have Jay as a Crew Cheif.

Jaybr

#72 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by EXriders.com
WOW, I need to convince Jay to jump to the other side!!!

Looks like I will have to give Yoshi a call and see what they can do for us since we don't have Jay as a Crew Cheif.

LMAO, If you get Yoshi on your team I guarantee you got the better end of the deal.

Derno24

#73 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by Jaybr
LMAO,  If you get Yoshi on your team I guarantee you got the better end of the deal.

Don't count yourself short Jay. I think you would be better than Yoshi.smile.gif

Jaybr

#74 Post by Jaybr »

Are the cams supposed to be uneven like this:(

You think maybe its working like variable timing?:confused:

The motor was obviously loosing a good bit of oil out the return line. The intake cams are shot too, not as bad as these but squared off on the lobes. I'm not sure how this motor ran as long as it did, the crank nut was even spinning loose sad.gif

465stroker

#75 Post by 465stroker »

Ouch..... sad.gif

r.porter

#76 Post by r.porter »

Is that cam lobe really as blue as it looks! Yikes

Jaybr

#77 Post by Jaybr »

Look at the difference in the 2 lobes, one is way shorter than the other.

I ran out of brake cleaner, I'll spray the oil off later and get another pic so you can see the bluing.

Derno24

#78 Post by Derno24 »

Ouch!!!

Derno24

#79 Post by Derno24 »

Hey on a side note team 3 ring circus must have been camera hogs.

Bryan Braughler is on Exriders photo's. Thomez and Dirt are on Atvscene.com's pics.

Anyone figure how to get lap times yet?

cdrookie

#80 Post by cdrookie »

i'm pretty sure those cam lobes should be the same. looks like a good reason to update to some web cams(fx400).

didn't you add oil to the motor right before kenny took it out for the last time? how low was it? to wipe those lobes out it must of been almost empty. how does the cylinder and piston look?

i know my spars get pretty warm. warm enough you can feel the heat thru your pants. i'd think powder coating would keep some heat in but not enough to have it breaking down the oil, especially synthetic. and with the time spent working around them removing the tank and fenders, somebody would've noticed if they were extremely hot.

are you sure you wanna let them guys race it at the 12 hour? maybe they need to be on the ex!sad.gif