miles mountain 8/29

cdrookie

#21 Post by cdrookie »

was talking with owen after the race and he was saying he was very tired after the first few laps but he gets energized when there's people around. most guys, after u pass them u don't see them again. owen and myself must've swapped positions at least 3-4 times. not sure if derno led or not but i know we went back and forth at least 4 times also.

the track was killer! by far the best track we've been on IMO. well worth the 4 hr drive. not to mention it was only $35 to race and the promoters were very nice.

next time we're dragging the loneracer and dirt with us! it's too much fun to miss.

Derno24

#22 Post by Derno24 »

$35 to race I only paid $30 they must have seen you coming.tongue.gif

Derno24

#23 Post by Derno24 »

As for the race. I have to admit this was alot of fun to just keep pounding it out with 2 good riders working on riding and having fun. There were a couple times when we passed spectators that you could feel that they were having as much fun watching as we were racing. There was a creek crossing Rookie went wide I went short and we both fired up the embankment at the same time. There were other places where we were right on top of one another. I know I should have done better, but I couldn't ask for a better ride. I wound up in the woods from too much cranking. This same thing happened to me at my first race with my other quad so this is definitely rider error. It just sucks that it ended a fun time.

On another note my wife and I bought a new camera so we had something that would take good pictures of our child with. She took about 30 pictures of the race, but was not 100 percent sure on settings so most of the pics came out fuzzy. Except this pic which I must say came out very nice.

CDrookie's baseball card!

Derno24

#24 Post by Derno24 »

Oh yeah say hello to my new ride. Thanks again Rick!:usa :head:

cdrookie

#25 Post by cdrookie »

Originally posted by Derno24
$35 to race I only paid $30 they must have seen you coming.tongue.gif

$ 30 to race
+ 5 to get in
-------
$ 35

kdeal

#26 Post by kdeal »

Nice going guys.

:clap: :clap:

Derno24

#27 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by cdrookie
$ 30 to race
+ 5 to get in
-------
$ 35

I only paid $30!!tongue.gif

Did you like your pic?

cdrookie

#28 Post by cdrookie »

thats the best pic i've seen of myself. she should've got one of me clearing out that brush pile with my head at the second creek crossing...

cdalexct

#29 Post by cdalexct »

nice ride derno:head:

Derno24

#30 Post by Derno24 »

Hey guys on a side note there was a section in the woods where you went down a small bank into a creek make a left then a hard right. Well Rookie goes down the bank and there is a tree that had fallen in there and he runs straight into it. i slow down figuring it would take him clean off his quad and he might be in trouble. Nope Rookie gets a face full of brush hammers it and runs right out of the tree. If I wasn't there I wouldn't have believed it.smile.gif