Question for all people racing in the GNC's

MxDale71

#1 Post by MxDale71 »

How much does everything usually cost? Like admission fee, race entry (4-stroke C if it makes any difference), and stuff like that?

And how do things work? Is it practice on Friday, and race on Saturday and Sunday, or half the classes race on Saturday and the other half race on Sunday?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but as you know, I haven't raced anything but locally.

MxDale71

#2 Post by MxDale71 »

Well the Lonestar Series is AMA sanctioned this year so I'll have to get a ATVA membership anyways for that.

Luckily none of the Lonestar Series races are on the same day of any of the TQRA series races, so I SHOULD be able to race both. I'm using Rnd 1 as my throw away race though cause the last race of the TQRA winter series is this weekend.

You gonna be at Swan this weekend?

Oh I almost forgot. If I were to sign up for the ATVA membership online, would I be set for the coming weekend, or does it take some time before you get what you need? I guess what I'm asking is, would I have to show them a card or something when I sign in for the race, or could they tell that you are a ATVA member by looking on a computer or something?

fourwhls

#3 Post by fourwhls »

I do agree, no pre-registration stinks. The cost of running the nationals is high enough, then the only discount around gets yanked from under our feet.

When you broke down the fees, you forgot one major one. The fuel to get to the race. Thats what kills me. Especially driving a motorhome that only gets 7mpg. All in all, its worth every dime.

I wont make GA, but hopefully the 'dale will be ready for Birch Creek.

MrP, are you running the TT series also????