cannibal vs. yfz450

cannon

cannibal vs. yfz450

#1 Post by cannon »

I just got my cannibal and went to race my buddy with a yfz450 that has stock exhaust, a rev limiter, an ESR intake, and a 16 tooth front sprocket that I know of. The cannibal is all stock to my knowledge.

I probably have a slight advantage in skill over him but I weigh about 20 pounds more than him.

So we leave from a dead stop on asphalt. We're dead even until about third gear and he starts running off with me. I never got the cannibal topped out and I couldn't reel him in. He had me by about 3-4 quad lengths or more.

Should I have this problem or is my gearing messed up? I didn't expect to beat him, but I figured I would be within a quad length of him. However, I love the cannondale's power.

Lurker Blaze

#2 Post by Lurker Blaze »

get a slip on and change maps,you could also run a 14 tooth front sprocket and thats all it should take to put you thousands ahead:)

cannon

#3 Post by cannon »

Man I love that thing. Maybe I just need to adjust my riding style to it a little. I was thinking of going to 18' tires to change my gearing so that I can top it out. Right now it is almost like it has overdrive or something, it just pulls and pulls. Any other ideas?

USAMoto00

#4 Post by USAMoto00 »

14/40 gearing, Nac's map, and an exhaust would help you out alot!:usa

Cdale_racer_669

#5 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

the stock 5th gear pretty much is an overdrive, but even at 4800 ft elevation mine tops out relatively quick! even stock it did. get a pipe and get a D&M kit and map it, go up to a 14t in front.

cannon

#6 Post by cannon »

Wouldn't a 14 tooth sprocket give it more top end? I'm going to do it anyway because you guys have experience with these. We raced for about 1/6th of a mile and it kept gaining speed. I think he was topped out before we even hit the 1/8th mile marker.

theJeStEr1340

#7 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

if you are going to 18 inch tires definately put a 14t onm the front or he will really run away from you in 3rd gear beacuse by that time you will be topped out in 5th!

cannon

#8 Post by cannon »

Why is it that I couldn't get the thing topped out? My buddy said that it felt like it bogged with him when he hit fourth gear. It seems like the 18' tires would help it reach its top speed quick enough to help me run with that YFZ. There is also a guy with a 450R with a pipe that wants to race. Do I have a chance with a stock cannibal?

I'm going to have it remapped soon. Thanks for all the help, just trying to learn the best combo for this thing.

J. Delaney

#9 Post by J. Delaney »

It's probably running too rich. Pull the plug and see.

cannon

#10 Post by cannon »

Never thought about that, it did come from Ohio and I live in Alabama. The local dealer that sold cannondale's still has his computer so I guess I can take it to him and see. I hope that's what it is, because if not I'm gonna be catching crap from all these guys with the 450R's and YFZ's. Also what Nac's map would you guys recommend for mx racing and an occasional drag race?