cannibal vs. yfz450

J. Delaney

#11 Post by J. Delaney »

It would be worth the money to invest in a D&M kit so you can tune your own machine and change maps to suit the type of riding you do. Not everyone likes the same map.

cannibalq8

#12 Post by cannibalq8 »

beating ur stock cdale with 3-4 bikes ...that very good .. as i see he re-gear it with 2 teeth in front ( stock is 14-38 ) plus he is using the best top-end pipe ( ESR ) and u r heavier than him smile.gif

with re-gearing , re-mapping and good pipe u should tell him ba bay smile.gif.... :usa :head:

wanablaze

#13 Post by wanablaze »

I agree with USA on this one. 18's, 14/40, Exhaust, Nacs map, practice your launch. 3RD GEAR LAUNCH! If you run one of the shorter pipes, let me know. There is a map that works well for me.:head:

J. Delaney

#14 Post by J. Delaney »

The Zack map works well for drag racing. It really screams up top.

cannon

#15 Post by cannon »

yea, I need to buy a D&M kit but I am trying to get my Hot Rod running so thats where my money is going. I will probably get it remapped at a local shop, change the gearing, and wait on the pipe for now, unless I find a good deal on one.

I ride more motocross than I do drag racing, is there a map that would be good for both? Thanks again for your inputs.

parks9

#16 Post by parks9 »

Originally posted by cannibalq8
beating ur stock cdale with 3-4 bikes ...that very good .. as i see he re-gear it with 2 teeth in front ( stock is 14-38 ) plus he is using the best top-end pipe ( ESR ) and u r heavier than him smile.gif

with re-gearing , re-mapping and good pipe u should tell him ba bay smile.gif.... :usa :head:

cannondales are not that much faster than yfz's, i think they are about even. call me crazy and stupid but thats what i think

NRath

#17 Post by NRath »

I've got to agree with Parks a little on this one. IMO, the 3 quads are all so close in performance that it flat out boils down to riders ability.
I've beat YFZ's and R's with pipes on my bone stock 'dale. Then, I was beat by a buddy on a YFZ with baffle removed, rejetted, and an airbox. I'm not quite willing to concede he's a better rider, but I'll definitely say that he's a d@mn good one in his elements. Drag racing is one of his good points. I think I could hand him his tail in the woods, though! :hammer: And, there's 4Punks, who beat me 2 out of 3 on a stock 450R when mine was stock. He's got a good grip on drag racing, apparently better than me.

cannon

#18 Post by cannon »

Before I got a cannondale or a z400 I drag raced a Banshee. I don't feel like it is skill level in this situation. It feels more like the gearing on the cannondale is not right for drag racing. I've not ridden one that has been remapped so I can't say if that is the problem.

It could also be running rich as was stated because it did come from Ohio and I live in Alabama. I haven't checked the plug yet because of the trouble it is to remove it. I feel confident that I can outrun a stock 450R and be about dead even with a YFZ.

parks9

#19 Post by parks9 »

drag racing

rider= 60%
Quad=30%

motocross

rider=80%
quad=20%

NRath

#20 Post by NRath »

I wasn't trying to imply that they were just better riders, I should've noticed the post might come off like that. There's definitely a point where fine tuning of the bike makes a difference in drag racing- that's probably the reason I spanked those piped R's and YFZ's like I did. I don't think remapping alone is going to get you very far without a pipe. The cannibal map is a pretty strong one. The others start adding more fuel to go along with the free flowing pipes.

Personally, I feel the stock gearing on 20's is pretty good. That is until that shift to 5th comes along. Mine will pull to the top of 5th, no problem, but it's no where near the pull you get shifting between the other gears. I'll probably be looking to change to the Motard gears next time I have the motor apart. I'm also a freak that has always started in 1st gear. I know I can hit a gear quick enough that I've never had anyone pull away because I was shifting. Then you get full potenetial from the gears without having to slip the ba-jeez-us out of the clutch to launch and not getting crazy wheelspin. I don't claim to be a drag racing master, but I'm not bad either. I've got a few piped 'dales under my belt as well as those YFZ's and 450R's!:hammer:

As far as helping you, I'd say you need to be checking your plug first. It's probably running pretty rich, they all came that way from the factory. Other than that, it's hard to give more things you should do without riding it. The only person that knows how your quad is running is you. Bring it on over and we can swap 'em for awhile! Your only about 16 hrs away!