Last race for the points series at Earlywines

TheJaspMan

Last race for the points series at Earlywines

#1 Post by TheJaspMan »

Well, what a weekend.

Cdaleracer and I picked up our car from the shop. For a mere $782 we drove off in our beautiful blue Bonneville with 250,000 miles on it. Althought somthing nagging, it seemed to be fine. We'll get back to that in a moment. On with the race report.

Cdaleracer was finishing up her unblemished season with some quality compition from WI. As a matter of fact, they know our good buddy Cannondale27! Great family of some fantastic riders. The seem to breed them fas from the mid west!

They ran the stock class and womans class together. It was a decent match. One stock guy broke his shift shaft and was going to run in 1st to get his points. And the other was just running for the same reason.

On the start the other girl (Danielle) jumped the gate and that made Carrie (Cdaleracer) jump too. So they both plowed it down. Well Cdaleracer stalled it. It took a LOONG time to get going again. My brother in law and I were looking for the red flag but it never came. I think the score keepers were day dreaming or working on something and the starter was being distracted by other races. When we got his attention he gave the 'go ahead and go' signal. He had every intention of having them go again. It just didn't work out like he planned it.

Sooooo, Cdaleracer who is now nearly a lap down takes off and was taking the track at a tremendous pace. But about 2/3 of the way to the start finish line she came up short on a double and stiff armed the landing. Yep, broken wrist. Smashed break. Horrible looking.

Eight weeks in a cast from her fingers to shoulder and no nationals for at least three months. :mad:

And to boot, I got a $195 speeding ticket on the way to the hospital. And I think we blew our car up too. Lost all oil pressure and had to drive with it banging like a whore. So it looks like an expensive weekend. And to boot, she got her first DNF.

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

Sorry to hear that. I hope Cdaleracer is feeling better, & I hope she heals quickly.

Ken

haydug

#3 Post by haydug »

Man, when it rains, it pours!! :cry:
Tell her to get well soon!

jfarrar

#4 Post by jfarrar »

jeez and i thought i had chit luck!get well soon cdaleracer!

TheJaspMan

#5 Post by TheJaspMan »

dalewannbe

#6 Post by dalewannbe »

Hope you heal up fast cdaleracer. Jasp didn't you hurt your wrist a while back?

Can you hook the car to your D&M and check it out?

TheJaspMan

#7 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by dalewannbe
Hope you heal up fast cdaleracer.  Jasp didn't you hurt your wrist a while back?    

Can you hook the car to your D&M and check it out?

I think our car is too simple for a D&M. I tried running a wire from our boys View Master, but the dinosour slide didn't help.

I twisted it, but it's fine. I haven't broke anything in a while. And I try and keep it to fingers and toes.

TheJaspMan

#8 Post by TheJaspMan »

Seems awful suspicious to me. I'm stuck with diapers, cooking and cleaning for a while. I just find it out it happend on the last race of the season.

levi550

Re: Last race for the points series at Earlywines

#9 Post by levi550 »

Originally posted by TheJaspMan
Eight weeks in a cast from her fingers to shoulder and no nationals for at least three months. :mad:

And to boot, I got a $195 speeding ticket on the way to the hospital. And I think we blew our car up too. Lost all oil pressure and had to drive with it banging like a whore. So it looks like an expensive weekend. And to boot, she got her first DNF.

Man.... Sorry to hear about the weekend.

Cdaleracer hope you heal quick.....

cdaleracer

#10 Post by cdaleracer »

me too. first experience with a broken bone and it sucks. it wouldn't be too bad if the cast just went up to the elbow, but nooooo, gotta have it going to the shoulder!!!