cannibal vs. yfz450

cannon

#21 Post by cannon »

Yea, I guess I will have to decide what to do. Cannondale's have a different kind of power than other quads I have owned. I need to adjust to it a lot. I wish I could buy all of these upgrades.

The reason i can't now is because tonight i broke a piston and cracked a cylinder in my 1967 camaro. I put an ATI Procharger on it in August and I have spent so much money on that thing it makes me sick to think about it.

So I guess I'll be on a stock cannondale for a while.rolleyes.gif

claas900

#22 Post by claas900 »

..hey Cannon how do you like that ATI Procharger?..I eyeballed thos for a wile,and now im eyeballing a turbo..i have a 2k 150 with 5.4...They make a turbo kit for it,8 psi around 425rwhp and i like it was something like 525 rwqt?..Not bad for 8 psi...Thos #'s are somewere what my bros BBF cj puts out..what a beast..

cannon

#23 Post by cannon »

Turbo's are great and I thought about one for a long time before buying the Porcharger. The thing about turbos is that if you don't have the right combination you can get an unbelievable amount of turbo lag.

The Procharger is unbelievable. I have/had a small block chevy running 12 psi with no intercooler and 3.55 gears and I can pull most big block chevy's with ease. I wish I had some drag times to give you but I only got one run and that was with the completely wrong fuel system which caused it to bog, a 250+ pound passenger, shifting at 4800rpm, and coasting threw the finish line. That run I managed a 7.55 in the eigth at 95 mph, a gain of almost a second and about 10 mph, and that's coasting threw the finish line with all those problems.

I called Prochager gave them info about my motor and told them I wanted 650HP at the flywheel running pump gas and they told me a D1-SC with 12 psi should do it with ease, so I bought it from superchargers for less, best price by far.

If you do forced induction, be sure to look at the whole picture, your blowing air into a motor so your going to need a good fuel system, and a lot of fuel pressure. I would recommend the Procharger because with a turbo you will have an unbelievable amount of plumbing wich is a pain. Either way, you can't beat forced induction.

sillysspeed

#24 Post by sillysspeed »

Hi, do a search in the powertrain section for info about the airbox. If I remember right iceracer modified his airbox lid and gained a few horsepower on the dyno. Do that and change up your map maybe shorten your exaust and that should give you a good gain for not much money. :usa

cannon

#25 Post by cannon »

Well after a few weeks I finally lined my stock cannibal up against a 450R with a pipe. Took him. :drink: