Maplesville Alabama *Race Report*

Ryanstones

Picked it up lap 2

#11 Post by Ryanstones »

I only hit 2/3 of the bumps and Jeremy told me i was 7th as i left the tent. The final, Lap 3 was awesome, I can't wait to see the lap times. I only felt 1/3 of the bumps and was shore kickin, when I got lapped(Hey LT!) by the Pro winner and was able to keep him in my sight for 5 minutes. Coming to scoring i'm pretty Happy and riding my best, thinking i'm done, and they send me back out...WhooHoo! I know i've got to finish it pretty quick for it to count, and yea baby! Pass quite a few people, til the 5 mile mark and my right contact popped out, for good. That was the best the track looked all day. I finished well for 5th of 21 in class, 5 minutes back. can't wait to see the overall.
:usa :rotf

Ryanstones

oh yea

#12 Post by Ryanstones »

440Rider(dave) gave me some good advice at the line Thanks! And you too Fred(woolen), for the tips and QuadShop stickers, I hate it for ya, having to go racin with that Pretty pit crew.tongue.gif

NO dust! Very little mud. Sweeet.

DMAC10

Beautiful Day

#13 Post by DMAC10 »

Hey Ryanstones. It was great to meet you at Alabama. Sounds like you had a good day. Mine started great but not a good finish.

Easily pulled the holeshot, ( smoked a Yami 450) and was running strong out front. Whoops everywhere, and ruts big enough to rub your knees on the sides. Got passed about the 7 mile marker by the winner in our class ( 40+ Senior ). Slid passed one of those 90 degree turns at the end of a fast section, fell backe to fifth at the scoring tent, 2nd lap moved back up into 2nd when I heard a funny noise, looked down and the left front wheel was about off.
( lug nuts, firing my mechanic (me)) so limped back to the truck and tried to get over being embarresd for the no brainer. But still had fun and learned a lot.

40+ and still ridin

Ryanstones

dang tuff crowd

#14 Post by Ryanstones »

can't get noLuv for my race story.

Turns out the lap times tell a different story of my race!

lap1 27:35
27:29
26:22
26:42
1:48:08

I thought it would have been much better lap 3. Also turns out there were 122 quads present, my overall = 48th.
theres a race next month, i can do better.
'Zan says i have to get disability insurance though.:confused:

Jaybr

#15 Post by Jaybr »

:head: :clap: :cheers: :bow: :cheers: :clap: :head:

alright, you got your props, quit whining!

Honestly I didn't see the race report earlier, great job.

thunderwolf

#16 Post by thunderwolf »

Sorry, was trying not to be a post whore.biggrin.gif Sounds like it was a tough track with all the whoops and pot holes. Congratulations on your race and your top five finish.:head:

Ryanstones

Thankyavurrymuch

#17 Post by Ryanstones »

uh, wolf, it was TOP 5. lol.

Oh and DMAC's first lap was 20 seconds faster than my best lap.:clap:

thunderwolf

#18 Post by thunderwolf »

That's what I said. Did you put that contact back in yet?

ohmy.gif

Ryanstones

Thunderwolf is a post whore!

#19 Post by Ryanstones »

:duel:

Braff1

Re: Picked it up lap 2

#20 Post by Braff1 »

Originally posted by Ryanstones
Pass quite a few people, til the 5 mile mark and my right contact popped out, for good. That was the best the track looked all day.  

Ryanstones, hey I know the filling. I raced at Greenville Ky when my contact popped out. For those that think " just look out the good eye" it don't work that way, total vision blurry. Needless to say I felt like Ray Charles driving through the woods. My depth perception was skrewed up and bounced off a couple of trees. now I just wear my glasses and pray that it is not muddy.