Macon GA MX

Jaybr

#11 Post by Jaybr »

Pete,

Don't let Haydug use the swingarm bearing excuse, I sent him my spare set early last week.:hammer:

Brad77

#12 Post by Brad77 »

I was there last weekend on 3-7-04.

Just like haydug said, rough. I am using 14-39 gearing and moto mapping. That center section is different than it was last year and they added a little section close to the woods on the right side of the track.

Note: I did not attend the national held there last year, but I did attend some of the local races.

Most of the track is sandy. The sand is loose and when wet will stick to anything. Its kinda like going to the beach except there is no ocean and there are bumps and hills everywhere.smile.gif

USAMoto00

#13 Post by USAMoto00 »

Looks awesome Brad!:clap: Thanks for the pointers all.:usa

DMAC10

#14 Post by DMAC10 »

Thanks
For the Info Bradd77.:clap:

So it looks like I need the suspension setupmostly to absorb whoooooops, and all the power that I can get to move in the sand.:ride:

Thanks for the picture as well. Are you going this and and what class.

I'm planning on running in the Senior Class 40+

They are old but fast.

I hope to get a top ten:dance:

DMAC10

KYMXRACER

#15 Post by DMAC10 »

Hey man, forgot to reply to your question, As of right now I'm planning on making it over the the Practice at Daniel Boone MX, I'll just look you up at the track, Its about 2 + hrs , but I'll try to get there about the time they start.

Hey anybody else near by come on over, its a good track, the more dales there the more noise we can make.

See you there.:usa

USAMoto00

#16 Post by USAMoto00 »

I'm not sure what to run, I was going to ask Farrar. Maybe 4-stroke C or Production C?:eek:

Brad77

#17 Post by Brad77 »

Yes, set up the suspension to absorb braking bumps and whoooooops. Don't go too soft on the compresssion though unless if intend on rolling over most of the bigger jumps.

I am planning on being there. I only live an hour from the track.

I have not decided on what class I will be running. I probably need to run the slow class.

Here are some pics from last November at this same track (Echeconnee)

DMAC10

#18 Post by DMAC10 »

What front tires to run.

Will the ITP MX have enough traction in the sand or is something else better???

I nedd ever advantage I can get.

USAMoto00

#19 Post by USAMoto00 »

Yes, good question. What front's would you suggest? What about the Klaws on the rear?

jfarrar

#20 Post by jfarrar »

holeshot mx on the front and either the holeshot mxr's or the klaws would be best in the rear.i prefer the holeshot over the claw but havent had much time with them either.i will be running maxxis though as atvfourplay got me them for a price i cant refuse.