foot of the mountain 6/5 - 6/6

cdrookie

#11 Post by cdrookie »

that's where i passed him and was feeling real good. couple more guys got hung up in the mud so i got around them. racing the previous day was a tremendous advantage. they changed the course slightly to avoid so problem areas and i think made it slightly longer. i followed some dist 7 guys for a while, picking and choosing my lines. not trying to hurry cause it's a long race.

was flying along fine for a few laps, nobody in my class around me. the mud wasn't as bad and my new grip design was working great. i was feeling great and the bike was running great. then as i was going up a hill i gave it a little more gas and that was all she wrote:mad: it just quit 3/4 of the way up the hill. would do anything. so again i'm sitting and steaming this time cause as the laps are clicking off, everyone is going slower and slower. there was no doubt in my mind i would've won this race. only 3-4 guys finished on the lead lap, c class lead lap that is.

cdrookie

#12 Post by cdrookie »

derno comes around and says he's overheating and drops off his bumper, whick broke off. says he's not going another lap. race is over and i'm sitting there...

and sitting there...

and sitting there...

and sitting there...

and sitting there...

and sitting there...

cdrookie

#13 Post by cdrookie »

and sitting there...

and sitting there...

every know and then i hear a quad start up and figure they're coming to get me, but then it shuts off...

still sitting there...

wondering if i'll make it to work the next day...

wondering if my bike will still be here the next race in september...

wondering if someone would give me a grand for this filthy non running POS...

cdrookie

#14 Post by cdrookie »

guess it's time to start pushing...

and pushing...

and lifting...

and pulling...

and pulling...

through the woods...

down the hill...

over the ruts...

up the hill...

through the mud:mad: :mad: :mad:

cdrookie

#15 Post by cdrookie »

up the hill...

over the roots...

over the rocks...

down the hill...

through the muddddddddd...

up the hill...

over the roots...

then help has arrived with one hill till the road...

cdrookie

#16 Post by cdrookie »

the promoter broke their quad after they got the 3 other guys out. sent another guy out after me on a suzuki 125 1984 quad. told him exactly where i was. he went there, saw i wasn't there and went BACK through the track! why wouldn't he come out through it?

anyways we made it back and everyone was packed up and gone! everyone, except derno who was on his way out! they just left me there. bums.tongue.gif

the promoters were real sorry and wanted to give me a spare trophy they had left over for being the last guy off the track. i declined that one and they gave me a t shirt instead. they also offered cake and ice cream, but it was time to go. nice to see some people still care about the racers.

have no idea where i placed and don't care. washed it off today and put a new fuse in it and it started right up. now i know how psychosis feels.

Ryanstones

#17 Post by Ryanstones »

OMFG! I can't believe they left you! Cool report CD, that's a really good story. Need to find a spot for a spare fuse i guess.

:cheers:

JLHUGHES750

#18 Post by JLHUGHES750 »

Bryan!!!!!!!U made it home!!!!!!! sorry man I really thought someone was out getting u the whole time!! I asked Derno if we should stick around and he said nah just go he'll be alright!!! I was in no shape to stck around anyway........ I was heaving and hacking after that race.... I got left on the line , my starter button was jambed or something, then i went ape $hit and gave it everything i had for the next 1.5 hours to try to catch up. I went from 11th to 5th in like 4 laps and it was hard work. Then when I finally settled in and tried to calm down and hold that spot the bike started breaking up and popping....Bryan did u hear that thing when I went by????? Did you hear me yelling POS!POS!POS! I was talking about the way mine was running, then I thought,man, I hope he doesn't think I'm yelling that to him cause he's broke!!sad.gif

The family had a blast, we were all beat when we got home!!!
Bryan if u want to test anything our or dial in before the next ride, just let me know when, come on over. Its only a mile or so but the track works nice for testing. The cows don't mind the noise to much.

later, J

NRath

#19 Post by NRath »

That's some bad luck, Rook!! Looks like I'll be hunting for a spot for a spare fuse!

Thanks for the fun read!

cdrookie

#20 Post by cdrookie »

hope this fuse thing isn't gonna become a problem. i might get a 6 pack rack and throw a tool box on it or something!

J, you weren't the only one yelling POS! i heard your bike spittin and sputtering. might be time to break out the ex. or i'll trade you a nice cannondale for the yfz.smile.gif