Miles Mountain THE RETURN OF THE DALE!!!

Derno24

#11 Post by Derno24 »

Now back to the end of lap one. I get to the barrels and figure oh well let's just have some fun out there. Get past the barrels and into a small section of woods.

Derno24

#12 Post by Derno24 »

Now I clear the small section and it opens to the long straight away up hill. Man I loved this section. I pound the throttle and the quad explodes forward. 2nd gear on 2 wheels, quick shift front end still in the air in 3rd, quick shift still in the air 4th gear all the way to the top. The rush was awesome. I hammer down the hill figuring this would be the best place to really wring the motor out.

Derno24

#13 Post by Derno24 »

Well I run the course for lap 2 with nothing of note except I stalled a couple times. Not long stops, but me just getting used to a twist again. I though it was great that I could lug the motor in 2nd and just pound on it when I wanted power and it was there.

Lap 3 still feeling good, but disappointed that I let 2nd fall from my fingers. Then lap 4 I stalled again and it didn't want to restart.

To all people with dual battery set-ups make sure the front battery is fully charged. From installing the motor and cranking alot at scotts shop it drug the charge down. I tried again and vroom. Thanks god I could only imagine getting towed from the woods. I finish the 4th lap hit the barrels and ask the lady if I finished in 3rd she said yes and right to the truck I went loaded up and home I ran. It was 4:30pm and we had a 4 1/2 hr drive ahead of us.

One last pic. Man it felt great bing on the dale agin!:usa

Derno24

#14 Post by Derno24 »

Oh yeah one last thing. I want to thank Timbomoose for the awesome stator cover. It easily added 4hp to the quad and it scared a couple of riders away too.

kdeal

#15 Post by kdeal »

Good job Derno.

:clap: :clap:

CdaleRacer0128

#16 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

haha sweet man!! NICE GOING ready for that 6 hour one?

oh yea Ron what are you running in your motor?

i have a WWE crank, new wristpin and piston kit going in..stock head though..what are you runnin?

Derno24

#17 Post by Derno24 »

I got all the stuff still ATK crank. wwe piston and new wristpin and fancy head

jfarrar

#18 Post by jfarrar »

nice work dude.glad to hear the dale is up and running again.where do i get the custom clutch cover that thing is awesome

Derno24

#19 Post by Derno24 »

Timbomoose made it. It is as good as it looks

cdalepilot

#20 Post by cdalepilot »

awesome job derno with the race and the write-up . :head: :usa