Haspin Acres MX Series (Long)

TheJaspMan

#11 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by BGood
Jaspman,
have you been to or heard of the new track at lake bailee in or near hamilton?
just wondering what it was like.
www.lakebailee.com

Yes, Cdaleracer and I drove out to take a look at it.

I think it has too little parking. Has too much bike track influence. Is no where near close to being ready to ride. And worry someone is going to get hurt.

I'm not into bashing places that welcome quad riders. But I suspect something fishy in that place. It's hard to explain in a forum. PM me if you want more info.

BGood

#12 Post by BGood »

Originally posted by TheJaspMan
Yes, Cdaleracer and I drove out to take a look at it.

I think it has too little parking. Has too much bike track influence. Is no where near close to being ready to ride. And worry someone is going to get hurt.

I'm not into bashing places that welcome quad riders. But I suspect something fishy in that place. It's hard to explain in a forum. PM me if you want more info.

Thanks for the info, sounds like a good place to avoid for sure.

wanablaze

#13 Post by wanablaze »

That's awesome that you got to race, jess. smile.gif Congrats and you have a zip tie in the mail (for your key switch).

jesshamner

#14 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by USAMoto00
Sounds like you had a blast Jess!:clap:  Forget about that guy harassing you. If you were in control and a safe distance from the down guy, keep a descent pace. Some guys around here will yell at you about it then pass you on a yellow flag and say it never happened. Race your own race and just be courteous. Awesome report.:usa

Thanks for the support. I was definitely under control but I was the closest line to the injured rider. I was too close to him though. They had him off the track a few feet and was in no real danger. I guess it is just one of those extra precautions they have to take for stupid people. Kind of like putting a warning lable on coffee at McDonald's because the coffee is hot.

jesshamner

#15 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by TheJaspMan
Jess let us know when you are going to Haspin. We are only 30 mins away.

That track sucks. It's like choppy concrete, or thick mud. No in between. The trails are the same way. We go there from time to time. But I like to head the other direction to Earlywines for MX or Big Rock for XC.

I'll let you know the next time I get up there. I kind of went on a wim. I think I decided to go on Friday so there wasn't much time to mount up the boys. The main reason I go to Haspin is the variety of riding you get there. Its nice to hit some woods, climb some hills, race the xc course, drag race, and ride 2 mx tracks. They are starting to crack down with the pit riding with the new security, so its becoming a safer place to ride. They are also cracking down on the pack it in pack it out policy. I saw the security guy in a Chevy blazer bust 2 different riders for riding with no helmet. The second guy had to be run down. I saw the security officer drift around the corner down at the far end of the mx track just to catch the guy. It was pretty cool.

bradley3000

#16 Post by bradley3000 »

Originally posted by cdrookie
if you had some arvins you probably could've gotten the overall.
glamis fronts and a fox rear would cause you to be out of control most of the time and might hit an injured rider laying off to the side of the track if there is one. i like the key flopping around, sounds like a good match for a clothes hanger muffler support.tongue.gif

it is definatly a classy set up. we are gonna have to do that again, i would have had 3rd overall in the blaster class, but apparently they couldnt see the bright yellow number plates to score me:(

it was fun tho, even hit a nice open field section on the way home