Derno24

#112 Post by Derno24 »

Haydug coming into the pits!

wanablaze

#113 Post by wanablaze »

Congrats to the Cannondale teams!:head: :usa :hammer:

haydug

#114 Post by haydug »

I had a great time! Guess another lesson learned as well. As for the overheating problem there will be an aluminum bottle on this next bike for sure. I guess if we would have taken the time to fix the bike properly (switch bottles sooner) and look the bike over, we may have prevented the engine loss. But, in a race situation, your brain doesn't always look at the big picture, you just want to finish as best you can at the time, and pay the consequenses later.
This bike WILL finish the next 6-hour. I promise.
I have been talking to a company that does coating for nascar stuff, I am having the radiator coated now, and I am sending them the cases to coat before re-assembling the engine. My objective is to make this bike run very cool, so if something happens again like this, maybe it will last alittle longer.

We used this race as a shake-down for this bike, kind of a last minute type thing, and am glad we did. We will be running the pro class as the rest of these events, with the main goal a top-5 finish at the 12-hour.

On another note, the oil had broken down so bad on this due to the heat, it looked like water. I know there has been some discussion, but I think an oil cooler is going to be a wise investment. Any ideas?

NRath

Good Job, 'Dalers!

#115 Post by NRath »

Congrat's to Derno and Company!! That's awesome! You obviously had at least one hotshoe on the quad to be passing Flinner on the MX track!

And, the 'daleriders team, that's a great showing, hopefully it'll stay together next time!

I'd say the first step in installing an oil cooler is to see what kind of pressure it's running w/o the cooler. Maybe Timbo can get to work on a fancy oil filter cover we can thread a guage into to check the pressure! As we know, that's the way the factory was checking them and it makes sense to check it just before it's headed to the crank.

NRath

#116 Post by NRath »

Oh yeah, your pics are great Derno! Bring it on if you have more!

pdavis

#117 Post by pdavis »

from the race

pdavis

#118 Post by pdavis »

more

pdavis

#119 Post by pdavis »

a few more

pdavis

#120 Post by pdavis »