6hr at Rausch Creek, PA

Jaybr

#21 Post by Jaybr »

Awesome!

I've got the utmost respect for you running the Ironman and sticking it out till the end, I'd be lucky to make the first hour in the shape I'm in.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

haydug

#22 Post by haydug »

:clap: :clap: Congrats rookie!! You are "Da'man".

Go have a :drink: and relax!!

Derno24

#23 Post by Derno24 »

Well I will start by saying that I have the utmost respect for Rookie. He didn't realize it, but we were tracking him and he was leading his class better than halfway through the race. Not to mention the 3rd place guy was at least a couple laps down. He kept trucking by and I know our pit kept cheering him on. There were only 2 dale's out there and both finished. I can't say the same for the numbers of honda's and yamahas that were dead ing the water.

Rookie way to go! I really have to hand it to you for riding tough in some really nasty conditions! :head: :usa :bow: :bow:

Derno24

#24 Post by Derno24 »

I figured on waiting till rookie finished for my report as he deserved the first spot.

Well I drove the trailer up on Friday night and got our team a decent pit. I was standing there at 4pm and looking at a very bone dry dusty track. Extremely fast and open. This place looked to be a perfect ground for the Dale and the 468 motor!

We were all pumped as the vet class would be stocked with alot of talent. The Kyte Brothers riding for Dirt First Racing and Team ATVriders with local talents Jason Hughes and partners. Each one of these teams could compete with and do well in the a class at any event. It figured to be a real tough race all day.

Derno24

#25 Post by Derno24 »

I would like to take the time to thank ****** for the loaner set of HID's. They came in very handy and I will be shipping them back to you tomorrow!

The bike looked great and was ready for action after we mud proofed the motor!

Derno24

#26 Post by Derno24 »

Just because it was worth while to post a couple pics of the machine I will.

Derno24

#27 Post by Derno24 »

I want to take the time to thank a couple people first before I get started. Randy Brandt for doing a great job on preparing the machine for the race. Also, Haydug for putting the parts together to make this machine fast and still bullet proof! Although he still hasn't sent me any decals!:mad: Also Gnccblaze440 (pictured in the backgroun) for helping out in the pits all day!

Derno24

#28 Post by Derno24 »

As most of you can see it was no longer dry. It had down poured all evening and was still raining off and on up until race time.

We went to the line with the intention that if you needed googles you would be switching and the order was to go Chad (who has some of the best starts known to man), Randy, and Myself. This line-up worked in GA and we were hoping would work again!

Everyone lined up and we got stuck in a huge puddle/ lake. After speaking with the officials we were allowed to move our machine along with about a half dozen other one's. There were a total of 46 teams and 7 teams in the 30+ bracket.

Derno24

#29 Post by Derno24 »

Sorry for the dark photo's, but my dada was running the camera and it was very overcast!

We were starting in the last 1/3 of the line with all of the pro, a, b riders going in front of us. Chad got an excellent launch and was off. He immeadiately shot past almost all of the b class and some of the a class. After the first lap we were in first in our class and 12th overall!

If you look over the girls shoulder there is Chad taking off!

Derno24

#30 Post by Derno24 »

We were hauling some serious butt out there. By the 2nd lap Chad was in the top ten overall and we were still in first in the class. The quad was really sounding great as alot of the other machines were sputtering and taking on water. We were loking really good out there. Chad pulled in due to some bad google and Randy was off! He quickly added to our class lead as the other teams were taking long pits due to wet filters and other problems!