Horn Rapids Hare Scramble, November

AlaskaSpeed

#21 Post by AlaskaSpeed »

Joe.....
RIVETING as always! How does the wife like her YFZ? JIM

LapTraffic

#22 Post by LapTraffic »

She absolutely loves the bike. We have to have a rematch now that I have a 450 in mine too. Im leary, that YFZ freakin rips!

I need to get her racin though, was really hoping she would thrown in for this race but she opted to run the pits with Dawn. Maybe the spring, or maybe the first WORCS race in January.

Jaybr

#23 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by LapTraffic
That front end is a dream!! :wow

With the front end set up so nicely it really pronounced an issue with my rear end (the bikes)

I had the SSD conversion done by Jeff and had never set the shock up, I dont know why Im usually very anal about that stuff.

After the race Paul rode the bike and loved how the front felt but said my rear was in bad shape.

I talked with a pro friend who is pretty amazing at setting up bikes.  He walked me through setting up the rear shock and let me just say that the rear is now performing as well as the front... evidently 6.25" of sag is a bad thing?

Anyway, the remaining 4 inches of rear travel coupled with the 2.5" of travel in my spine made for a very rough ride.  You just have not raced whoops until youve done a 2 mile stretch of em.... 4 times.

I've got the exact same problem right now, rear shock has too much sag. I need to fix it soon as my spine can only take so much more.

jcv440

#24 Post by jcv440 »

That's awesome Joe!!! Too bad on the pre-mature end to your race, that's just not right!

You've got to be happy with that ride on a new bike. First lap you where still getting use to the new machine. GOOD JOB! :clap:

No comment on the team moneyshot's name......biggrin.gif

thomez

#25 Post by thomez »

Great race review! You should write a book covering a full season of racing! :deal: biggrin.gif

ppogue

reace report

#26 Post by ppogue »

Great article Lap! My only question is why does it seam that I never have a good race when your writing an article? In my defense, I was battleing for a top five spot when the **** stabilizer wedged into my steering stem. At least this time we didn't let that **** predator beat us!
Go Team Money Shot!

jcv440

#27 Post by jcv440 »

You tell him Paul! lol Joe's stories are always "I,I,I" biggrin.gif

NRath

#28 Post by NRath »

Ahhhhh, with a good racing story, my day is complete!!:clap:

Good Job, Team Moneyshot!

EuroGOD

#29 Post by EuroGOD »

:clap: Nothing more to say....:clap:
Awesome report.

LapTraffic

#30 Post by LapTraffic »

I,I,I???

It's MY story and I write from a first person perspective smile.gif

Truth be told Paul was kicking some serious Butt out there. I believe he used his MX skills to pass 4 or 5 people just in the short MX portion oof the course.