Lorretta Lynns GNCC

JeffQuadShop

#21 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Originally posted by Derno24
Well during the morning race Dusty had a small mishap.  When she hit on of the doubles she came up a little short.  There were alot of people coming up short on this double.  Well she jammed her wrist enough to break a bone she had already broke a couple years ago.  She toughed it out for the rest of the mx portion of the track and made her way to the check point and called it a day.

We get her to Colby and they head for the hospital.  Colby was pitting at the top for her and we were at the bottom where the checkpoint was.

Here is a photo of Colby and Dusty
Great write up Derno! Just don't tell Rowlrag that I took his key switch.

Hey....whos the idiot in the middle of this pic?

DMAC10

#22 Post by DMAC10 »

Derno
It was great meeting you and discussing cannondales. I wish that the both of us would have had better luck, but thats racing.

Oh by the way, my short race report, 27 old timers in the 40+ class, hit the first turn about 5th or 6th. Not to bad but at the 3rd turn someone got crossed up and CRASH. Ended up stuck in the one little water crossing. With the help of 4 fans, THANKS to whoever you were. I get back to the race DEAD LAST. Start catching quads and making passes, I counted 10 guys in my class that I had got around. Things are looking up. At about the 9 mile marker, the dale dies out. Here I am again, another race and the cannondale will not finish. Overheating/Vapor LOCK ,WHO KNOWS????????
So after waiting forever, shes fires up, about a mile or so later dead again, At least I can watch the race from a good point in the woods. Finally starts again, YEAH I finished the lap, a record time of 1:21:00. Boy I was fast. I finished 26th Not Last.

Talked to Derno for awhile went home. So now I have 3 DNF in the last 3 races. I've got to get this problem solved.

Still Love my Cannondale, Just Frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:confused: :eek:

Derno24

#23 Post by Derno24 »

Jeff: I am not sure on that, but I will find out. They never did introduce me. Nerve of those people.

I won't tell Rowlrag, but I am guessing he is still trying to figure out why I said thank you to him though.

thomez

#24 Post by thomez »

Why can't our stem have some gussets on there like these ones? In comparison, our design does look weak... :confused:

Derno24

#25 Post by Derno24 »

I know what you mean Thomez! I thought the same thing when I saw those on the internet last night!

JeffQuadShop

#26 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Originally posted by Derno24
Jeff: I am not sure on that, but I will find out.  They never did introduce me.  Nerve of those people.  

LOL....thats actually Popo from Exriders.

Bill31251

#27 Post by Bill31251 »

Hey Dmac10 let me know what you find out about your quad I am having some of the same problems, I was in 6st in first year on my first lap on the second lap I had moved to 3rd and then on and up hill bam it starts again I died out and had to let it sit to cool and finished the 2nd lap in 15, I was not a happy person, I hope we can get these bugs worked out

Derno24

#28 Post by Derno24 »

You have to be careful not to confuse problems with these machines.

Bill what coolant are you running and when you cleaned your quad was the radiator packed. You could have had an airbubble in your coolant lines, or the impeller may not be right. DMAC's problem from what I am gathering comes on alot faster than yours did. I know if you overheat the quad in general the ecu will shut the bike down before it gets too hot. That is why I am asking this question.

Derno24

#29 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
LOL....thats actually Popo from Exriders.

i didn't know that. You would think someone would have introduced him at some point.

USAMoto00

#30 Post by USAMoto00 »

Dmac- I just had that problem with Michelle's quad. I found 2 things that contributed. 1st was her fuel hose ran directly on top of the motor in a very bad way. Diagonal across and just getting baked from all the motor heat. 2nd was the front quick connect hose was all the way in, but not in the snapped postion. I rerouted the hose and popped the quick connect in properly and haven't had a problem since. Just so you know, the fuel line routing is important. One of our local GNCC'ers actually ran the hose in front of the motor and along the outside (by his right foot) and then brought it back up through the subframe. He could only last about an hour straight before the rerouting. Now he can ride all day with no vapor lock. I hope this helps.:usa Great write up Derno!:clap: