5 FOOT TROPHY day FoT 5/2

cdrookie

#21 Post by cdrookie »

realized quickly that this track was rough! i think they imported some rocks for this race. all i did the whole race was bounce around. i had too much air in my tires(so i wouldn't get a flat) but then i just was slippin and sliding on those rocks. they weren't big rocks like last week, just rocks, everywhere. fatigue set in quickly, and i hadn't gone half a lap yet!

was expecting to find derno wrapped around a tree at any moment, but that never happened. my visions of two 5 FOOT TROPHIES vanished and i put it into just finish mode.

was dead tired when the second lap rolled around. saw a couple bikes in our class broke down and then came to a mud hole with a banshee stuck in the middle. there was a racer telling me to go around to the far side but i didn't see a line so i tried to squeeze in between the 'shee and a stump. didn't work. then realized the racer was jlhughes. he wasn't too happy with me for not listening to him so he put his paw on my bumper and threw me out of that jam like i was nothing.:clap: thanks J.

cdrookie

#22 Post by cdrookie »

energy was draining fast. got around to the scoring barrels. i wasn't gonna get misscored this race so i was shouting my number, 871 871. the guy looked confused, he punched your number into a computer that scored and kept track of lap times to see if anyone was drastically cutting the course. a girl was writing your number down on paper also. the girl was yelling 871 to the guy also, he wiped off my helmet and said 873. talk about feeling stupid! i had a big grin on my face and was yelling 873 873. they all got a kick out of that one. 871 was my number there last time we raced there. it was derno's number today! no wonder he won! scoring was excellent this round and i hope they keep the same format at all the races. great job guys!:clap:

when the half way sign came out i started to get the adrenaline flowing. had to catch someone! rode a fast lap but no marlin or derno. a few more guys were stranded along the track so that helped me push a little harder. got to the switchback section and a guy on a 400ex had a flat. he let me buy and took a rather direct line to the fence where about 5 guys were changing his tire. he was gone when i got up there. HMMMMMM...

AlaskaSpeed

#23 Post by AlaskaSpeed »

Ron,
Congrats on the win; and good story! You are almost getting as good as Laptraffic at telling them.....:clap: JIM

cdrookie

#24 Post by cdrookie »

white flag! had to get moving. there was no way marlin was still racing competitively, figured i'd come up on him soon and he'd let me around. following a 250r around when i heard someone yell. it was chris borich. i threw up my hand to let him by. he was flying. the 250r let him by a few corners later and he was gone.

was racing with a few guys not in my class. they weren't going as fast as i wanted to so i always took a different line around the corners to let them know i was back there. another 250r let me by and i gassed it going up a rocky hill. hit something and was all over the place(literally) my hands were still on the bars but that's about it. that's where my foot got run over or slammed into a rock or something. it happened so fast that all i was thinking was- that guy's probably wondering why he let me around.

i grabbed the clutch and didn't stall it, amazingly, got myself back on the machine and took off again, just a little more cautious this time. a couple more guys left me by but when i opened my mouth to say thanks, i couldn't say anything.

Derno24

#25 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
Ron,
Congrats on the win; and good story!  You are almost getting as good as Laptraffic at telling them.....:clap:   JIM

Jim,

I am workin on it. I need a couple more races. I can't wait till we get some good weather. Then I will have the wife taking pictures again. I may even try to get some video clips!

CdaleRacer0128

#26 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

NICE JOB GUYS!! keep those dales up front n maybe someone will notice something happening time after time!:cool:

great job again derno and cdrookie, too!

Derno24

#27 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by Ex'r Marlin
I hope to do more races... And "hope" to put the Honda in front of some certain Cannondales!biggrin.gif

We just got to get you there more often that is all!

Great work Marlin and welcome to the site too!:clap: :box: :dance:

Exr Marlin

#28 Post by Exr Marlin »

Originally posted by cdrookie
I grabbed the clutch and didn't stall it, amazingly, got myself back on the machine and took off again, just a little more cautious this time. a couple more guys left me by but when i opened my mouth to say thanks, i couldn't say anything.

Don't leave us hangin Brian! Finish what happened!!

In short... Brian did good, but I think he had a little too much dew in the mountain... Or not enough of doing the "dew"!biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif

Brian, Ron... Thanks for welcoming me to this site! The funny thing is, the little guy with the glasses dancing from side to side definetly reminds me of Ron!biggrin.gif

JLHUGHES750

#29 Post by JLHUGHES750 »

Hey Marlin... I'm glad I'm not the only non Cdaler on here!!!!

they havn't banned me yet..

CDRookies got some great race storys!!!!! I was not laughing when he stuffed in the mud near where i was broke though. I have a hard time NOT getting involved in the race. I hate getting knee deep in mud helping push people out!!! As a matter of fact I don't help anyone !!!! When someone I know is racing I will do ANYTHING to help them along or motivate them... I don't even know Marlin,CDRookie and Derno very well, but I know them better then anyone else in there class so I was pissed to say the least when Rookie didn't go where I said to go.. Then I had to dive in after him. A guy on a blaster was stuck real bad.. I watched for a few seconds, then he yelled for help, I yelled back "u went the wrong way, I ain't pullin u out unless your leading your class"....he said he thought he was winning.... I waited till another Blaster was coming into the mud then gave him a yank and he got out in the lead..... I helped that kid every lap......

JLHUGHES750

#30 Post by JLHUGHES750 »

My story.......................

I got the holeshot on my imaginary Cdale...(with R fenders and motor) in the Open A class..... I was leading for a few miles waiting for Borich or Hertz to start yelling. After a few miles a glanced over the shoulder and saw GNCC#45 Rob Hertz on my tail. No Borich yet...hhhmmmm. a few more miles and Hertz was still right on my rear end, it did appear he was not being held up though??? I felt good, felt like i was running a pace on par with what Rob and Chris wanted to run. As we continued to click off miles, i felt more and more comfy, not getting tense at all, I realized this sence of security was coming over me, I realized these guys behind me were not here last race... I won last race... I know this track well!!!!! That when we got to the mud hole!!!!

I stuck to the inside because last race we made a right before the mud...this week we went straight through it... as we entered the mud i was on the gas hard and up on the bars, whne a tree root sent the rear of the quad in the air... when it came back down i thought i hit neutral........ no suck luck!! the chain was off and there went the rest of the class.......... I started to work on it, but it was doubled up behind the countershaft sprocket!!!!:eek:

I found some lumber and started prying but no luck.... after u guys were on your third lap, i finally got it free, pulled out and ran a lap at speed with 3rd place A class finisher Todd Rothermel. passed him at the barrels and went back in the woods with this distorted thought that i could catch and run with Chris and Rob, since i was fresh from sittin 3 laps... Chain came of again so i fixed it and sat and waited for Mark C. He was runnin 5th in A class. He and I ran the last 2 laps on each others bumpers and yelling then he lost his skid plat.. I stopped and picked it up, we debated leaving it on the trail, being the good friend I am I said since i was a few laps down i would ride with one hand the rest of the lap so he could ride at speed and protect his position....I ran over 5 miles with one hand.. and I passed a few people in other classes. I could here all of them laughing as i blew by at race speed holding a skidplate over my head. u had to be there i guess...