the flying dutchman 9/26, 5 FOOT TROPHY day

Derno24

#21 Post by Derno24 »

I am starting to realize that a top ten finish may be possible and this makes me push harder. Passing guys earlier in the race was much easier and now it gets harder with each one. I am not sure if it is a sign of faster riders or that I am tiring out. My hand are really sore and working the constant switchbacks is taking it's toll on me. I keep picking off a couple different quads each lap. Towards the end of the race just before the white flag I come up on a green kfx. we get to the white flag and hammer it. He knows he has to keep me from passing him and I know I have to get by so I can keep going. We battle and he keeps shutting me down in most of the early corners. Then we hit the back section.

Yes straight aways. I prepared for it and figure I would have no problem drag racing him for the pass. Well down the long straight I go he goes inside and drifts out on the switchback. I go wide and dive short on the corner. Now we are about even and it is a straight up race to a one lane opening and I am not going to lose this one. We pound on it and I start pulling on him slowly well we get to the turn and I almost disappear into a tree, but save it. Pass successful. Now for all that fighting he really disappeared quick. After several more corners he was no where to be found.

Derno24

#22 Post by Derno24 »

Well there isn't much left to the course and I know that I was doing well even for my start, but a couple more passes would be better. I hit the switch backs and see another guy in my class and the chase is on. I am gaining on every turn and reeling him in pretty quick. exit the switchbacks and it is a wierd turn, water crossing, long straight, 90 degree left, 90 degree right and striaght to the finish. Well I am on his arse now and he knows it too.

Throught the water and he takes the better line down the straight. I have more power, but there is no room to pass. 2 corners and the race is over. Well I do my best pushing him in the corners, but he holds his line we hit the straight before the barrels and I let him go. I figure why risk a bad crash at the barrels for 1 point. Well I wait for the results figuring a top half finish would make my day. Well I finished 11th out of 28. Not bad. :eek:

Derno24

#23 Post by Derno24 »

Pics will follow tomorrow!

JLHUGHES750

#24 Post by JLHUGHES750 »

A class report:

Got the holeshot, got passed in the 2nd turn, then they stopped the race!!

Lined up again to find Todd Rothermel went down in the first turn.
sad.gif ends up he got pretty banged up, bruised ribs possibly broken. pretty much totaled his YFZ..

start 2:

Got the holeshot again!!!!!!!! Borich and I went side by side through turn 2 and he took the lead. I ran 2nd for the first lap then Hertz got by. This put me back in 3rd. Heres when it got good. Jarred McLure and I went on to battle wheel to wheel for the next hour!!!! It was intense.. I stayed ahead of him till lap 6 when i had to pull over and hurl, then I got back going again and passed him back in the pines with 2 laps to go!!!In all that intense battling we only made contact 1 time!! I needed to beat JArred to maintain a safe lead on him in D6 points!! Needless to say I was pumped after the race!!! We had a lot of friends there to watch which made it even better!!:eek:

Derno got to see a little bit of that battle in the MX part near the entrance to the property. I was pretty sure it was you Derno, were we haulin or what???:head:

Derno24

#25 Post by Derno24 »

Jay you guys were moving, but not like Borich!tongue.gif :w: I thought it was funny that you took the time to look straight at me!:eek:

Cool part was you 4 were the only ones that got by me!

JLHUGHES750

#26 Post by JLHUGHES750 »

cdrookie

#27 Post by cdrookie »

let my bike idle for 15 minutes 2 times today and couldn't get it to blow any coolant. the system was about empty when i filled it up. lost half my fender bolts, only 2 bolts holding the front fenders on. broke the right fender brace mounting tab off the frame so i have no idea how i'm gonna get the right front fender mounted:confused: filters looked good though:)

thomez

#28 Post by thomez »

rookie has the toughest Cannondale in the world, bar none

cdrookie

#29 Post by cdrookie »

thanks zack, it'll blow up for sure next race.:drink:

Derno24

#30 Post by Derno24 »

Here come some pics!

A Class first start!