6hr at Rausch Creek, PA

Derno24

#31 Post by Derno24 »

It kept raining off and on throughout the race and the slop never really went away. It was soon my turn to jump on the quad and off I went. We were still in first place in our class and in the top ten still. Over an Hour into the race the Dale looked great!

Here is a shot of Rookie still working it great out there!

Derno24

#32 Post by Derno24 »

I ran for a while, but it was getting extremely foggy and a slower utility rider waste my goggles so I switched back to Chad.

Derno24

#33 Post by Derno24 »

I am going to post some pics of other riders, but I have no clue who they are and what team they are on so here we go!

Derno24

#34 Post by Derno24 »

Pic #2

Derno24

#35 Post by Derno24 »

The track was definitely fast even with all the mud. There was a back straight that had to be at least a mile long and you could really open it up back there!

Derno24

#36 Post by Derno24 »

The Dale was getting really heavy by the 2nd hour that bottoming the shock out on the mx course was happening with alarming regularity!

Derno24

#37 Post by Derno24 »

We were in first in our class till roughly the 2 hr mark when Chad came in with the first of our small problems. It turned out that our radiator cap had blown off completely and we lost all fluid. After a lengthy pit, replacing our cap and refilling our bottle we were off again in 2nd place and in 12th overall.

Derno24

#38 Post by Derno24 »

It was great for several laps as Chad and Team ATVriders switched spots each lap!

Derno24

#39 Post by Derno24 »

I realize the pics don't match, but I am trying to post some of them for you guys to see how bad it was out there! Our team was still doing well then Randy came in and to be safe we checked the bottle and it was low. Now it probably was low due to air in the system as we were filing it on the fly. So we topped it off and had no problems with that portion for the rest of the race!

Here is a pic of me passing it off to Chad!

Derno24

#40 Post by Derno24 »

Now it seemed as the first 3 teams in our class had fallen into a rhythm. Atvriders, us and Dirt First were all running 1,2,3 and running similar lap times. With first being about 3 mins in front and 3rd being about 3 mins back. Everyhting was sailing along great until I got on again. First I head back into the woods and I am moving along at a decent clip and having fun too. , but it was getting really dark in the woods and lights were necessary. Well the handlebars were up and running so I fired up the lower lights and still no light. I couldn't figure out why. Until I tried to wipe the lights.

They were totally covered in mud. I passed a rider early in a wet section and the lights were now useless. I was steering around dark objects and using the force to get through the woods. On my 1st lap out I lost my goggles and rode for 2 more with no goggles on at all. On my last lap out as I was riding and entering the MX portion of the track the shifter fell to the floor. I was locked in 2nd gear and could not shift gears. So instead of stopping to find out that the shifter had stripped I kept going. It turned out to be a smart choice. After anothr long pit we slipped to 3rd in our class, but were still in the top ten.

This photo is of Chad working the corner in the pits!