Maxxis 12hr's of America at Rausch Creek

cannondale27

#31 Post by cannondale27 »

Next year we all need to pitch in and get you guys two fully upgraded motors.Timbo or Falicon crank,Kibblewhites everything.If I have to take one out of my quad next year for you to use you can count on it.Still need one more for a spare.Not fresh motors either but ones that have about 20 hrs on just to be sure.That has never been done before but should do the trick.Sorry this happened to you guys.

cdalerider75

#32 Post by cdalerider75 »

GREAT... ANOTHER UPDATED I NEED TO DO TO MY DALE....

MAKE SURE THE OIL PLUG IS TIGHT.... DAMM UPDATES...

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THE FIRST MOTOR DROPPED A VALVE?

kdeal

#33 Post by kdeal »

Derno,

When you guys pull apart the first motor, let us know what you find in what may have caused the dropped valve. I'm thinking possibly a sticking valve bucket, or bad valve spring??? How about a magnetic oil drain plug for the new rebuild as well? My contribution to the team. I'm still proud of you guys regardless.

:clap: :clap: :usa

Derno24

#34 Post by Derno24 »

Well we are going to be looking into why the valve dropped which I will share with everyone. The first motor was a falicon with updates and such. It was due to get Kibblewhites, but we didn't get them until it was too late. The 2nd motor wouldn't have mattered if it updates or not as there was no oil in it.

I even have a magnetic drain plug ready to go into the other motor. I just didn't think we were gonna even need it.

The first motor had about 15-20 hrs on it. It was used for 2 6hr events. 1 hr of a GNCC, some practice time and one lap of an atlantic grand prix.

JLHUGHES750

#35 Post by JLHUGHES750 »

if it makes u feel any better we blew an engine at the end of lap one!!!!!!!but we swapped it out in 3 laps with 2 guys!!:w:

I knew there was some advantage to running the 250R!!!
we could have done the swap much faster but i wanted to take the time to make sure all the bolts were tight and the drain plug was installed and tight!!!!tongue.gif ..................

sorry about bailing on the :drink: :head: partying....Dank's lil brother broke his wrist real bad and busted up his mug early on in the race running B class.....so we had to split to get his truck home and go check on him....they released him sunday after some surgery!! he's fine now!! says he'll be riding again when the rods come out!!!:eek: :wow :mad: sad.gif

theJeStEr1340

#36 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I think I blew a head gasket this weekend... not sure but it was leaking oil from that way.

Derno24

#37 Post by Derno24 »

Jay I heard about that. I hope he is ok.

Yeah Chad was commenting on how long it takes to switch one of these motors. I wish we could have done it faster, but we needed all 4 guys just to get this done this fast.

Derno24

#38 Post by Derno24 »

Just a couple pics from the race. Here is the pic before the race with Jaybr's light installed.

Derno24

#39 Post by Derno24 »

Here is one of NJtint.Com

Derno24

#40 Post by Derno24 »

Traci Cecco!