6 hours of Rausch Creek coverage

Jaybr

#31 Post by Jaybr »

I know there where 2 handguards at the start.

Jaybr

#32 Post by Jaybr »

There is a radiator in there somewhere:(

Jaybr

#33 Post by Jaybr »

Notice the oil on the motor right under the return line:(

JeffQuadShop

#34 Post by JeffQuadShop »

How did the lights do?

Jaybr

#35 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
How did the lights do?

Well, Haydug's bracket didn't fit my clamp, so we used hose clamps to strap them down. One of the lights would not work, needed a part of some sort. Rick had what we needed, but Haydug was out walking the track until 4:00 so we didn't get time to fix it.

Derno24

#36 Post by Derno24 »

Jay: Remeber how I said that radiator wasn't that bad. Yesterday after the frost race due to the rain I could write my name in the 2-3" of mud in the front of the radiator. I even had the frame blocked off and other precautions.

exkid: It rained throughout the frost race, but the 6 hr event was dry until we got to the podium then it started to pour right after.

Jaybr

#37 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by Derno24
Jay:  Remeber how I said that radiator wasn't that bad.  Yesterday after the frost race due to the rain I could write my name in the 2-3" of mud in the front of the radiator.  I even had the frame blocked off and other precautions.

I think the problem may be that the radiator clogged with mud, then dried and hardened. There was no way any air was getting through the coils.

Also remember that the quad ran fine for over 2 hours (XC time)that way, it was about the 3 hour mark that the head gasket blew.

I'm gonna try and get the motor out tonight and see what all is going on. It still turns over fine and I'm hoping it didn't loose enough oil to damage the cams.

hnnblehscnnble

about radiators

#38 Post by hnnblehscnnble »

i have the omf rad guard and im going to start racing xc.would it be wise to take of my rad quard or what should i do.cause id hate to have the same happen to my quad.

kyle

Derno24

#39 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by Jaybr
I think the problem may be that the radiator clogged with mud, then dried and hardened.  There was no way any air was getting through the coils.

Also remember that the quad ran fine for over 2 hours (XC time)that way, it was about the 3 hour mark that the head gasket blew.

I'm gonna try and get the motor out tonight and see what all is going on.  It still turns over fine and I'm hoping it didn't loose enough oil to damage the cams.

Jay I was thinking it may have more to do with that oil line letting go. This would make an already hot motor run way hotter. Just happened that hopefully the head gasket was the weakest link.

Derno24

Re: about radiators

#40 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by hnnblehscnnble
i have the omf rad guard and im going to start racing xc.would it be wise to take of my rad quard or what should i do.cause id hate to have the same happen to my quad.

kyle

If you are going to run the omf rad guard just remember to take it off after every race and wash the radiator out very well. I use the omf and it traps dirt back there and can build up if not washed out regularly. Otherwise I would use it. It protects the raditor from other obstacles!smile.gif