6hr at Rausch Creek, PA

Derno24

#41 Post by Derno24 »

Well if we had lcuk it was all bad as Chad came back into the pits after one lap as the lights were not working properly. After another lenghty pit we found that one of our connectors had come loose. We fixed the problem and Chad went back out.

Here is a photo of the downhill just before the scoring tent!

Derno24

#42 Post by Derno24 »

Well we went into 4 1/2 hrs still doing ok and thinking everything was ok till we had another problem. We were in 12th overall and 3rd in the class. Our air filter was clogged with water. Apparently when we were pressure washing to clean the water bottle water got into the filter and was starting to cause issues with that. Well a change of filters and quick check of everything else and we were off again.

Here is a shot of me waiting to get on the quad again!

Derno24

#43 Post by Derno24 »

Well we were still in 3rd in our class and staying consistant with top ten finishing until our final pass off to Randy. Chad said the quad was acting funky and we weren't to sure what it was, but we had 50 mins left of the race and were still in the hunt for the podium. Randy went out with the thought of bring home a podium and a top ten overall finish.

Here is my last photo the Dale was running so fast it out ran the camera!

Derno24

#44 Post by Derno24 »

Well Randy pulled back in on the white flag lap to say that the quad was stalling and having problems like it was starving for fuel. After the race we attributed it to the excessive ammount of pressure washing and mud the might have gotten into the fuel. We looked at the borad real fast the 4th place team in our class had passed us so instead of going out there with a faulty quad we called it a night. 16th overall and 4th in our class. We walked away disappointed, but again better than most of our competitors! Oh and one last thing the motor still ran as we rode it into the trailer. I still have no doubts that the dale is more than capable of holding it's own in an endurance race! 2 races down! :head:

jfarrar

#45 Post by jfarrar »

nice job guys!rookie your an animal!that race looks alot like the one i had this weekend.a muddy mofo!started out dusty sunny then right before the race downpour.goggles gone after two laps then i had so much roost on my helmet my visor broke and my helmet kept tipping down over my eyes everytime i jumped or hit a bump.i bet my quad weighed 800-1000 lbs.managed to hang on for a third place(barely)the white flag is a beutiful thing on days like these

cdrookie

#46 Post by cdrookie »

i would've been happy with any color flag... checkerd, white, red, even yellow made me happy cause i had an excuse to go real slow without feeling guilty. i got some pics of my bike after the race but can't get paint to work to size them down...:confused:

Derno24

#47 Post by Derno24 »

Send em here rook I'll take care of ya. I can tell ya that Rookies rear fenders looked like saggy ears. How they didn't break off I have no clue!

cannondale27

#48 Post by cannondale27 »

Man now thats a heck of a test of man and machine.Great job guys!

dalewannbe

#49 Post by dalewannbe »

Rookie

I gotta to give you a big way to go. That??????????????????s borderline insane what you did! Again great job.

Derno, I want to congratulate you too. Sounds likes it was a little bit of a learning experience, but you guys still did very well considering all your little problems.

Derno was it your radiator cap that fell off or coolant bottle cap?

Derno24

#50 Post by Derno24 »

It was the coolant bottle cap. That was the first time I had ever heard or seen a cap just totally disappear. Chad stated that he just started smelling radiator fluid. Part that sucked was all we had was water left so that was what went in. Now when we went to check the bottle you needed a flashlight just to see the level.