Lorretta Lynns GNCC

Derno24

#41 Post by Derno24 »

Dmac you said the pump was hot? I would check there. With it pumpin fuel at a high pressure shouldn't it be cool to the touch? Just a thought.

DMAC10

Hot Fuel Pump

#42 Post by DMAC10 »

Derno, what do I need to check for the pump being hot????

Like I said it wouldn't burn you but it was very warm. What would cause it to heat up, do you think that its going bad?

I think I'm going to relocate, to get it away from the heat. I'm trying to tak 1 step at a time.

I've just ordered a new fuel pump so thats one of the upcoming steps.

Their calling for ran for like the next three or four days so I may not have a chance to ride it to do more testing.

Keep the suggestions flowing.

I'm still trying to make some arrangements to make it to the group ride.smile.gif

thomez

#43 Post by thomez »

If you have a regulator to swap out I would give that a try. I know of a few going bad that caused some goofy symptoms. Also, did you make sure and get the hi-po fuel pump from Summit Racing? I would definitely go that route if I needed a replacement.

JeffQuadShop

#44 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Originally posted by popo
Idiot huh!   tongue.gif  Look who's getting a ticket and strip searched next time you come to Columbus.  :w:

Derno, great write up.  Hopefully the next one turns out better
:eek:

DMAC10

Summit Fuel Pump

#45 Post by DMAC10 »

Thomez which fuel pump from Summit racing
and what is the difference or improvement?????

thomez

#46 Post by thomez »

This was posted as the part #

the part number is msd-2225 and they said somthing about changing fuel lines to 5/16

Improvement is more PSI than stock and a more regular flow. It is a high performance unit like used in the faast cars.

Not only that but it is cheaper too. Less than 80 bucks.

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?...sd-2225&x=0&y=0

I think it will be good enough for our application:

Made in the U.S.A., the pump is ideal as a "booster" for nitrous oxide applications, or as a stand alone-pump for multiport EFI systems on engines up to approximately 500 HP.

DMAC10

#47 Post by DMAC10 »

So is anyone using these now, and will all the current connection work , mainly does it need any special wiring.

Thomez thanks for the help.:clap:

thomez

#48 Post by thomez »

I know Swamp'Dale is using one and I am sure some others are just not sure exactly who.

I believe that you have to change the one fuel line but other than that I do not know of any changes necessary. I have no doubt that this unit is better than the stocker though.

JeffQuadShop

#49 Post by JeffQuadShop »

I'm running it, wires right up but you must change to 5/16 fuel injection hose.

DMAC10

Fuel Injection Hose

#50 Post by DMAC10 »

Jeff
When you say fuel injection hose, is this just reqular black fuel line hose or a special hose for fuel injection.

Jeff where did you mount yours ( Fuel Pump)?