6hr at Rausch Creek, PA

JLHUGHES750

#51 Post by JLHUGHES750 »

Great racing guys, we had a blast!!!!!!!

Derno we spent so much time keepin track of you guys, we did not even see dirtirst coming!!! I got on right before Chad got off(@3hrs), and when I was done we had pulled a 3-4 minute lead.... then when I saw u guys with the shifter broke we thought we might be in the clear............Then one of our riders entered a barrel rolling contest....and won first prize!!! We all wondered why the bike looked funny, all bent up and sitting 4 inches lower than usual in the rear?????? He told us the details AFTER the finish!!!! We were all happy with 2nd in class and 5th overall...........I really though we could win it though!!:mad:

Derno24

#52 Post by Derno24 »

Yeah we were doing the same thing. At the shifter mark is when they got by us for 2nd and we knew it would be tough to make up any of the time lost due to the pits unless something happened to slow you guys down. Lap times were almost identical for all 3 teams. I knew the Dirt First guys would be tough. They won the 12 hr event last year.

Happyboy

#53 Post by Happyboy »

rookie and derno...you guys are animals!! Way to go....and rookie, you have lost your mind. I was about dead after 2 hours of hard riding...I don't know how you made it 6!!!

cdrookie

#54 Post by cdrookie »

you just gotta pace yourself(and loose about 60pds happy:p )

as long as i didn't run into anyone i knew i was fine. i went wide around an option line to let a faster guy past, he went down the hill and there was someone behind him. low and behold... it was a cannondale! i quickly got behind and let the rider know what i thought about that machine, doubt they heard me. we were almost at the long straight and i figured they'd pull away but they were actually slowing me down a little, i figured they must be having problems. i stayed pretty close till two more riders caught up and i let them past. whoever was riding for derno's team didn't, and made them go the whole way to the mx track before they could get by. i tried to catch back up but lost too much time when i pulled over and my mx skills suck anyway.

another time after it was getting dark i let a gang of riders by at the end of the long straight on top of the hill, there was still one behind me but they were about 25 lengths behind the first group. i decided to go and when the rider caught up i'd let them past. kept looking back but wasn't feeling much pressure. got out of the woods and pulled over(a pathetic excuse to take a break) to let the rider behind me past. it was traci cecco. i tried to catch back up but again we were at the mx track, and my mx skills suck.

i definately felt i had an advantage over alot of the other racers just cause i had alot of time on the track, not to mention i don't live very far away. even the tight small hill section they routed around wasn't much of a challenge. i could pretty much visualize the track a few corners ahead after 1.5 hrs. till it got dark...then i was visualizing big trees and rocks and broke quads along the track:eek:

kdeal

#55 Post by kdeal »

Derno, Chad, Randy & my bud CDRookie: You guys are awesome. Doug, Jeff, Brad, or ? Someone sponser Rookie with some tires and lights!!!
:deal:

Derno,
You guys need to weld an automotive style cap to the water bottle so there will be no more problems. That screw-on cap sucks for endurance racing.

Way to go Cannondale Riders!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:usa :head: :drink:

Derno24

#56 Post by Derno24 »

Rookie I'll have your pics up in a couple minutes! Kdeal there are things in the works for the 12 hrs which will eliminate our problems. One thing this race did was show that we were capable as a team of hanging with the top teams. All 3 of us are pumped to put this Dale on the podium at the 12 hrs. :usa

cdrookie

#57 Post by cdrookie »

C&S racing just spoke up over on exriders, he won the Ironman on a 450R. and 18th overall...thats crazy!!!

derno, whats the web site for lap times???

Derno24

#58 Post by Derno24 »

It was www.mylaps.com for the Rausch race last year and the 12 hr too. They may not have uploaded them yet.

Derno24

#59 Post by Derno24 »

Rookies pics

cdrookie

#60 Post by cdrookie »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by kdeal
[B]Derno, Chad, Randy & my bud CDRookie: You guys are awesome. Doug, Jeff, Brad, or ? Someone sponser Rookie with some tires and lights!!!

lol, naw- their prices are so cheap it's like already having a sponsership anyways. i think my lights are downstairs waiting for me
rolleyes.gif