Lorretta Lynns GNCC

JeffQuadShop

#51 Post by JeffQuadShop »

It is high pressure line around $8 a foot. Just ask for fuel injection line. Mine is mounted in the back just in front of the seat grommets.

DMAC10

#52 Post by DMAC10 »

Thanks.

I'll get some today.smile.gif

JeffQuadShop

#53 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Make sure you get the 5/16 if your gonna run the MSD pump. You can actuall use 3/8 on the pickup side if you have someone make you a tank fitting for 3/8 hose. Don't forget to change your pickup hose inside the tank too.

DMAC10

#54 Post by DMAC10 »

I have the 02 tank with the fitting in the back, so I shouldn't have to change anything inside.
So if I go with the 5/16 then the fitting that is on there now should work ( right).

If I move the pump to the back, I add longer wires to make them work?

Thanks for all the info, I'm a little bit slow on this stuff.

Derno24

#55 Post by Derno24 »

Yeah I think that is what you want to do.

As for the fuel pump getting hot. I was using information I gathered when I had my cold running problem. I actually heated my pump with a hair dryer till it was pretty hot as soon as I hit the key switch and fuel started to cirulate the pump got cold. If you have a pressure gauge you should be getting 42 psi through the system, but for what we had talked about before it sounded like your quad was running good prior to the ecu change. Did you talk to Kyle yet? Just curious to see what he said about the hex codes.

DMAC10

#56 Post by DMAC10 »

Derno

I talked to Kyle and he said that if I had the Motorcycle hex code in that the fan would not run at all, the big difference between the ATV and the motorcycle Hex code is the settings for the fan to come on, Since the motorcycle doesn't runa fan.

He also said that my ECU may be bad , he explained but I was lost. So we are installing a map in my new ECU that I had as a spare and see what that does.

I'm going to also put a new MSD fuel pump on and relocate it, but I'm only going to do 1 thing at a time, to try and see exactly what the problem is.

My fuel pump was definantly not cold, it was hotter than then coolant hoses were at that time that I checked it.

Do you know if I need to run the fuel regulator with the MSD fuel pump or can I leave it off. All this is above my knowledge so lots of dumb questions are to follow.

Derno24

#57 Post by Derno24 »

Yes you have to run a regulator. Wether it is the stock one or one of Summit's. I was looking into and adjustable one and had the whole thing priced out with fuel lines and all at just under $300. There are more parts involved with this set-up, but then you would know if it was your fuel dilivery or not without guessing. I think the parts I added was fuel pressure gauge, lines, regulator, pump, and connectors.

Sorry about the side discussion you still need the regulator. I told you I thought it was ecu related. Still find it odd though!

JeffQuadShop

#58 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Originally posted by DMAC10
I have the 02 tank with the fitting in the back, so I shouldn't have to change anything inside.
So if I go with the 5/16 then the fitting that is on there now should work ( right).  

If I move the pump to the back, I add longer wires to make them work?

Thanks for all the info, I'm a little bit slow on this stuff.
Yes, just use the 5/16 line with the stock disconnect. Yes, you will have to extend the wires.

danyeo

#59 Post by danyeo »

Nice write up Ron! Good thing you were wearing your chest protector!:clap:

thunderwolf

#60 Post by thunderwolf »

Thanks for the write up Derno. To bad about that stump.sad.gif