12 Hour pics

Derno24

#51 Post by Derno24 »

After the water section it dumped you into a field section. You did several wide open turns and then crossed a road and into another 2- 2.5 miles of MX mixed with some interesting hills. Nothing really high, but as they got rutted it made the more interesting.

Derno24

#52 Post by Derno24 »

Then you returned to the field section for a couple more switchbacks and then the long straight to the pit areas.

Derno24

#53 Post by Derno24 »

Some of the line for tech inspection. This was supposed to be from 2-6, but with sooo many riders it lasted till about 9:30 when both us and Doug went through just before they closed it for the night!

Derno24

#54 Post by Derno24 »

Here is what ended our day. With about 1 hr 20 mins remaining Chad rolled in and stated that the subframe tab broke loose. Colby sprung into action and broke out the welder and started to weld. We then looked at the chain and saw this!

The adjuster bolts both snapped off and nothing was holding the carrier in place. With such little time to go we called it DOA. We were still kicking ourselves in the rear all the way home. So close as we were in 2nd place in the class at the time. Millenium was about 2 mins behind, but 3rd was way behind them.

Derno24

#55 Post by Derno24 »

Last but not least the subframe tab that cracked. **** weak frames!!!!!!!!!!

So like I said before we definitely weren't the only team that broke and neither were the Dales.

Derno24

#56 Post by Derno24 »

I have pics of the race which I will post a little later!

CptHook

#57 Post by CptHook »

that looks like a pretty awesome event derno, sweet pictures, I wish I had the time to make it to an event like that, maybe this summer.....

CdaleRacer0128

#58 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

derno, with that swingarm , just take a piece of wood and shove the carrier all the way in teh back, then that small block of wood will hodl it in place.. thats how my buddies swingarm has stayed tight for the last season and ahalf!! i know a little late but oh well!

great pics and that looks like a blast, i def have to do these 6 n 12 hours next year!!smile.gif

haydug

#59 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by Derno24
Here is what ended our day. With about 1 hr 20 mins remaining Chad rolled in and stated that the subframe tab broke loose. Colby sprung into action and broke out the welder and started to weld. We then looked at the chain and saw this!

The adjuster bolts both snapped off and nothing was holding the carrier in place. With such little time to go we called it DOA. We were still kicking ourselves in the rear all the way home. So close as we were in 2nd place in the class at the time. Millenium was about 2 mins behind, but 3rd was way behind them.

Look's like it's time to order a new round housing Houser swingarm!! :deal:

jfarrar

#60 Post by jfarrar »

this is the same hill the balljoint come undone on me:(