Budds Creek National

Delaware152

Budds Creek National

#1 Post by Delaware152 »

I am glad to have this weekend over and everything is still in one piece including myself. I was undecided until Friday on what classes I was going to enter. I finally decided to race +30, 4 stroke A and Pro Am unlimited. I was not sure how well things would go in pro am b/c those guys are fast and there has been when over 20 so some people would be going home. In practice on Friday everything went well but the track was quickly getting really rough. I race there often and have never saw it that bad. I am going to break it down into each class so it is easier to make sense out off.

Delaware152

#2 Post by Delaware152 »

My first moto was the +30 which was also the first moto of the day. It had rained over night but the track was in decent shape. I think there were about 35 in the class so there broke it into 3 qualifiers. I was able to get the holeshot..thanks to my HDC Ultimate motor which make things much easier with all the mud. The last lap I was worried b/c I noticed something was not right with the left front wheel. I slowed way down to nurse it to the finish line. I was lucky b/c the wheel bearing was shot. The only thing holding the wheel on was the caliper...always better to be lucky than good. When I first arrived Sunday morning I didn't think I was even going to race. It had rained all night and the track was a mess. About 7:00 it finally quit raining and the track crew went out and pushed all the mud off so I decided I was going to race. The second moto I again got the holeshot and went on the win to take the overall. Doug thanks again for building one fast motor. Jay thanks again for the help with the mapping it is definately running good.

Delaware152

#3 Post by Delaware152 »

Next was moto 13 pro-am. There were 33 entries so there were 3 qualifiers taking the top six. My goal was to just make the gate b/c this class is stacked with fast guys. The rain had stopped but the track was muddy with only one decent line so the start was really critical. I was able to get a decent start and came out third. The three of us stayed together the whole race but it was next to impossible to pass with so much mud. I ended up finishing third so I was happy to make the gate. I was racing my falicon in this class also. In the second moto my good start streak ended when I needed it most. I was able to pass a few guys and finished 11th and 10th overall. I think if I was able to get a good start I could have held my own b/c everybody is so equal. It was a fun moto though and I felt good when I put a pass on Mike Walsh so I know I was riding well. I was also able to finish in the money so I did get my sign up back so that was a bonus.

Delaware152

#4 Post by Delaware152 »

Last was 4 stroke A. In this class I was riding another bike with one of Doug's head's and an ATK crank. There were 20 riders so I at least didn't have to worry about a qualifier. In the first moto I was about mid pack and when I started down the first downhill I was hit and turned sideways and went flipping down the hill. I was up and ok but the bike had a broken spindal. This bike has a 400ex front end and I found it hard to believe a HONDA part BROKE. lol In the second moto I rode my other bike just so I could race and have fun. I was about mid pack again and was able to work up to finish third. I think I was about 15 overall b/c of the DNF on Sat. Overall it was a good weekend. Everything is still running and I am still in one piece. I did get to meet Bestonearth and talked to ****** on Sunday. I noticed some other C-dales but I didn't get a chance to meet them. I don't know if I want to do three classes again b/c you don't have much time to do anything.

haydug

#5 Post by haydug »

:clap:

Oh, what is an "HDC" motor?? smile.gif

311racer

#6 Post by 311racer »

Great Job!!! Jt

kdeal

#7 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by haydug

Oh, what is an "HDC" motor??  :)

Sugar and spice and everything nice.....................

tongue.gif

Delaware152

#8 Post by Delaware152 »

Originally posted by haydug

Oh, what is an "HDC" motor??  :)

I think it's a sister company of PEP. It may take a while but it's worth the wait. lol

Jaybr

#9 Post by Jaybr »

Great job:clap:

I was planning to come up Sunday and watch, just had too much to do around here.:cry:

lil jbr

#10 Post by lil jbr »

stole this from exriders