2nd Place, what can I say

Exodus

2nd Place, what can I say

#1 Post by Exodus »

So heres the deal. I have been friends with a National Guardsman for some time now. He owns a KFX400 and is pretty quick on it. We were talking and he was kind of asking me how to hit some corners so on and so fourth. I decided about a month ago to sponsor him for the year. I would supply my time and practice track, set up his quad for races, pretty well maitain the bike and all he had to do is win. Well, we went to a track neither of us have ever raced on last Sun. He decided to race so we signed up and he started practice. He came back and the rear bearing carrier was starting to come apart. The chain adjuster bolt had broken and the carrier slid forward. I took the stud out and torqued the other four down to spec again, he said he still wanted to race it and I told him listen to for the chain to slap, that would be the time to quit.

The first corner was a right hand and a bit of a sweeper, I told him to pick the inside gate and ride the corner wide, that would force everybody to lift in the corner and he would holeshot. It worked to well, he took the holeshot bigger than life and started to check out. Then he bobbled on a triple and ran a corner wide, that opened the door and a 400 ex stepped in, he pretty well checked out and Josh maintained 2nd the rest of the race.

Heres where it gets interesting, when he came back in, the carrier was broke nearly in half. I didnt even lift a wrench on it this time. I thought about it for a while and let him have my Can. All he wanted to do was finish, so I thought why not.:mad: I loaded a Nacs 5 and a Blaze Traction 4 and 5. He got up on the line and it was almost to much for me to watch. The gates dropped and he beat them into the corner by almost three quad lengths. He then backed off and maintained second for the rest of the race. That was the first time I had ever seen my quad with someone else racing it. WOW, what a sight!

And now he's think about buying one LOL

Come all ye sinners, Cannondale with bring you to the promise land!!!!!

Sandstorm

#2 Post by Sandstorm »

Nice!!!

Cdale_racer_669

#3 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

cool, sounds awesome! i bet u were nervous the entire time when he was riding it. i get super nervous when other ppl ride my quad.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Now thats a great story.I hope the guy does buy a Dale.What did he think of your quad?He must be really good racer to just switch quads like that and do so well.Or maybe your Dale is just that great!

krash

#5 Post by krash »

I agree with 27, Its hard to just jump on a different bike and be fast. Usually you need to get used to the bike a-little.

Good race report. Did you happen to get some pics of your quad while being raced??

kdeal

#6 Post by kdeal »

Exodus:

Tell him congrats!!

:clap: :clap:

kevin00

#7 Post by kevin00 »

Whare did you race at Exodus???
I havent made it to a single race yet this year and its starting to kill me.
A small fractured ankle that I finally got over and a torn down motor dont help neither.:mad:

Exodus

#8 Post by Exodus »

Kevin, We raced in Lodge Pole, its an incredible track. Its 1 1/2 mile around the thing, but wow what a ride. I did five laps and three of them pushed kinda hard, all the landings are wher they should be so you can just haul butt and its easy.

Josh has been racing for a little more than a year. He bought his 400 in Feb of last year, so hes been on it that long. the first time I raced him at our ohv park, he was pretty fast, it took everything I had to keep with him. So he's pretty good.

When he made it around about half the track on the first lap of the race, my wife asked me if I was alright because I looked like I was going to puke. His riding didnt worry me, I was more concerned with the motor letting go. You know how that goes, they tend to pick the worst time to pop.

Next year I may buy another Can just to race with and give him a full ride sponsorship, but I have a while to think about it.

Exodus

#9 Post by Exodus »

BTW, I missed you at Genoa and Columbus, I kinda wondered what was up. Hope that ankle is better than new, thats kind of a must have to ride.

I'm working on the logistics to hold a race down here again this year. This time, I'll be running the show and not racing, I'll keep you posted on when and what kind of race.

kevin00

#10 Post by kevin00 »

Awsome, I would never even think about putting a race together. I hear insurance is tough to get.
whare is lodge pole anyway I dont think i have ever hear of it.