6hr at Rausch Creek, PA

Derno24

6hr at Rausch Creek, PA

#1 Post by Derno24 »

That is right boys and girls the next step on the road to proving a dale good for endurance races is tomorrow. If someone wants to give me a call I can give them race updates. Race starts at 5pm Eastern Time. So whomever decides to do this should be prepared. My cell # is 267-784-1380. I would like to do live race coverage is possible so feel free to give me a call and I will give you the info to post!

Also pics will be following shortly after the race!smile.gif

I know of at least 2 dales making the attempt. Rookie is running the ironman class and my team is running the 30+ class!

cdrookie

#2 Post by cdrookie »

according to the rausch creek web site the race starts at 4PM...:confused: that'd be great since my lights still aren't here...:mad: my battery is on the charger cause it went dead sitting for 5 days...:mad: it literally poured down rain this afternoon(not sure if it rained much up there), they're calling for rain showers in the morning and storms in the afternoon, and my tires are in serious need of replacement:cry: hopefully they'll have an ironman class, i found no mention of it anywhere.:drink:

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

I am not too sure on the start thing. I am going off the atvscene web site. I didn't ask when I was there. I was there earlier today about 4pm and no rain there, but all the way up it was raining. Yes they are having an ironman class. Also, it should be even faster then last year! I saw alot of wide open spots!

cdrookie

#4 Post by cdrookie »

that was something i hope to never experience again...:drink:

dalewannbe

#5 Post by dalewannbe »

Well give us the details cdrookie?

cdrookie

#6 Post by cdrookie »

i'll give details later, i have ALOT of cleaning to do. ALOT of cleaning. but i would like to thank Team ALBA's Rick and Traci Cecco for letting me pit with them. Traci and Tyler put a whooping on most of the field but the Team ALBA pit crew still found time to fuel the bike, pressure wash the dale(and me), change out my roll off film, and cheer me on. THANKS!!!

derno spent the night there, and i'm sure he has alot of unloading and cleaning to do also.

mxer450

#7 Post by mxer450 »

Originally posted by cdrookie
that was something i hope to never experience again...:drink:

dude, hats off to you man, i saw you goin round and round for the who 6 hours, great job brian

cdrookie

#8 Post by cdrookie »

well here we go...

i got there late in the morning and quickly discovered it must've poured there late friday cause it was a mess. just finding a pit spot had me worried cause my truck is only 2wd. drove around cautiously for about 5 minutes before i found a little rock island between a pond and a mud hole.

registration wasn't open yet so i headed for the track to check it out. passed Natalie along the way and with a big grin on his face he asked if i thought it was gonna dryout by race time. i just rolled my eyes. as soon as i saw the mx track i knew it was gonna be a long 6 hrs.

cdrookie

#9 Post by cdrookie »

walking over the track covered in thick mud had me wondering how it would look after 3-4 laps.sad.gif there was some technical one line woods parts that went up and down small hills, looked like bottleneck city to me. there was also the long fast straight away that cut right through the middle of the woods like last year. i believe there was more corners and more one line sections then last year. but there was alot of wide short straights with big sweeping turns also. they said the course was 5.5 miles and IMO had a good mix of tight, open, and mx.

cdrookie

#10 Post by cdrookie »

i elected to use my worn out 22's over my worn out 20's figuring on the track developing deep ruts fairly quickly. so after tossing them on i had nothing to do but wait. registration finally opened so i scribbled my info on the sign up sheet. i registered as team lonerider(like loneracer but slower) somehow they got team lonestar out of lonerider(?) whatever. got through tech inspection and photoshoot and by the time i got back to my pit the dale was covered with mud. installed the factory lights and waited for the riders meeting.