Cased A 90' Triple

Psychosis

Cased A 90' Triple

#1 Post by Psychosis »

Usually nobody posts local fair races but why not? I got to race on Wed. night locally near me in the town over and decided to try out Pro money basically for the **** of it. Cale Downen who's I believe #1 in the one of the Pro-Am GNC classes was in the same class and actually lined up beside me in the heat and the main. I can't recall the names but two more who also are in the top 10 in the same pro-am class were there racing. One's name was Rister I think.

Didn't have too big of a turnout for the pro money but had 10 total so two heats of 5 and the main of 8. In my heat I was had moved to 3rd place on the Timbo stroker. There was a jump that had a 50' double and a 90' triple on it. I did the triple in practice along w/a handful of others so decided to do it to make up time since I'm still not as good as the top two guys were. I hit the jump and landed no more than 6" off everyone said. I hit, almost held onto it, but then flew over the bars. Luckily didn't get hurt and I have some of it on video! The person taping got me in the air and right after the hit basically. It was on the last lap and they red flagged it b/c two others wrecked behind me trying the double. I ended up 3rd.

Went to the main and of course Cale Downen won it all. I was so sore and in pain though that I didn't try the triple again and just kind of took it easy. I couldn't even lean in very far b/c of the stiffness from the wreck. Ended up 6th out of 8 though b/c of that but still not last. Took home $85 and had fun w/all the people amazed I was still alive. :cool:

Psychosis

#2 Post by Psychosis »

Oh yeah, the quad's fine and I'm going to try and upload some photos from the video. (It's an old style camcorder from like 8yrs ago so have no idea how to put it online.) And off topic but I need better gearing. Anyone know how to get a 15t sprocket?

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats awesome that you stuck it out.Last lap crash from a triple:wow Glad your okay.I have no idea where to get the 15 tooth sprockets.I will be needing a new one soon also.Originals were Talon and I guess KTM fits with some slight mods.

Cdale_racer_669

#4 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

i dont remember where i ordered my 15t sprocket....haydug maybe or brad, mighta been from maz too. i really have no clue. i dont really want to sell mine, but i got two brand new unused 15t's laying out in the garage if u absolutely cant find any.

theJeStEr1340

#5 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

brad has them. that is where i got mine smile.gif

timbomoose

#6 Post by timbomoose »

Nice job!Glad to hear you're ok.Could have been pretty ugly.Have to check out the video.

Psychosis

#7 Post by Psychosis »

Thanks all.

And Timbo: When will you have the higher stroked cranks set and ready to go like that 500? I'm looking at doing a little project after this season.

quad_freak14

#8 Post by quad_freak14 »

Lets see some pics... where was the fair race? i think one of my friends was there....

Psychosis

#9 Post by Psychosis »

Fair was in Harrisburg down state. I'm still trying to get the person who filmed it to put it on video so I can snap a few from the tv. I'll post when I get them. I can already say it'll be bad quality but not too bad.

krash

#10 Post by krash »

OUCH!! Definately gotta see that video. If you go to Best Buy, or any other big electronics place, they sell converter programs to download and edit non-digital video. I have a Hi-8 camcorder and just bought one, it just plugs into your camcorder, then into a USB port, then push play. As the video plays, it downloads into the computer.